MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
· Designs, implements, monitors, enhances and troubleshoots systems in assigned areas.
· Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary.
· Tests and reviews system designs. Mentors and guides the work of technical staff.
· Develops RESTful APIs for use by various front end/UI using Java technologies.
· Develops microservices using AWS and Netflix OSS.
· Takes ownership and makes technical decisions on software development projects.
· Develops and implements software according to proposals provided.
· Estimates scope of work. Creates project documentation as requested.
· Implements software proposals.
· Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
· Thorough understanding of software engineering and object oriented design principles
· Strong and current development experience in Java and web technologies
· Ability to take ownership and make technical decisions on software development projects
· Familiarity with dependency management and build systems like Maven and Ant
· Experience working with open source software such as Spring, Tomcat, and NoSQL solutions
Extensible Markup Language (Xml)
Amazon Web Services
Extensible Stylesheet Language (Xsl)
Java Persistence Api