At Cordia Resources we maintain an applicant database of the best accounting and finance professionals and we manage a constant flow of job opportunities and consulting assignments with the top companies in the Washington, DC, metro area. Let us introduce you to the great people and the great companies that we work with.
Cordia Partners is currently seeking a Senior Accountant with experience working for government contractors to join our growing, Tysons Corner based accounting practice. This is an opportunity for the Senior Accountant to grow his/her accounting career in a supportive consulting organization which places a high premium on continuing professional education. In this role, the Senior Accountant will work within a team of Cordia Partners consultants to support the operational accounting needs of our clients.
Senior Accountant Responsibilities:
● Manages month and year-end closing activities and is responsible for financial reporting
● Reconciling detail schedules on the General Ledger
● Recording Journal Entries
● Performs complex calculations using Excel
● Determines the appropriateness of general ledger account balances
● Identifies opportunities for process improvement
● Utilizes large volumes of data to prepare general ledger journal entries