As a Housekeeping Manager you'll be responsible for maintaining the design and beauty of The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. Your comprehensive knowledge of current practices and ability to communicate expectations will enable your employees to sustain a clean, polished environment, creating a comfortable atmosphere to delight guests during every stay.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
Duties include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Participate in the interviewing, selection and management of employees.
- Ensure standards are met to maintain department objectives, company and department standards, regulatory compliance guidelines and budget to achieve proper management of the department.
- Establish and maintain scheduling procedures.
- Ensure accurate and timely payroll reporting.
- Respond to all guest requests and guest opportunities in a timely and efficient manner to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Keep employee records up to date.
- Monitor the daily job performance of the employees.
- Execute issuing of disciplinary action and evaluations to employees.
- Check and ensure all maintenance work orders are inputted and completed through operational system HOT SOS.
- Maintain cleanliness of the hotel.
- Clearly communicate to employees the service and performance standards and motivate, monitor and evaluate individual performance.
- Take ownership of situations or tasks by fully understanding the issue, asking for help when needed, communicating progress and delivering results effectively and efficiently.
- Recommend new equipment and amenities to ensure safety and service objectives.
- Monitor inventory items to ensure proper control, the ability to facilitate guests' needs, and maintenance of room quality standards.
- Assist with the evaluation and implementation of programs to promote facilities and profitability in all areas of responsibility.
- Perform regular hotel room inspections to ensure the consistent quality of room preparation and effectiveness of existing system.
- Ensure the communication of production standards and goals and regularly evaluate departmental progress, revising standards and goals as needed.
- Facilitate the flow of information throughout the department, by assisting in organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled meetings with all employees under his/her span of control.
- Provide exceptional service to guests and employees.
- Promote positive guest interactions through prompt, courteous and efficient service, having knowledge of the hotel, hotel staff and services.
- Ensure that employees maintain valid/active licensing for their specific job/role.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least three years previous experience working in Housekeeping operations.
- At least one year supervisory/management experience in a Housekeeping department.
- Strong computer skills.
- Working knowledge in all aspects of Housekeeping Department.
- Knowledge of pertinent laws and regulations impacting housekeeping including OSHA.
- Ability to work in teams.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Polished appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate in English.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to successfully lead and mentor a team.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Proficiency or fluency in Spanish (read, write, and speak).
- Knowledge of LMS software.
- Previous experience in a large, luxury resort setting.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.