My name is Stephanie Leavitt and I am a Senior Recruiter/Account Manager with ACT Consulting. We have an urgent contract opening for an Electrical Engineer with our direct client in Fort Worth, TX. Please take a moment to review the job description. If this is something you are interested in, please send a copy of your resume to Email blocked - click to apply or call me on 860-426-8688. Also, if you are not interested and know someone who may be a fit for this job, we do offer a competitive referral fee.
Role – Electrical Engineer - 759532
Length of contract – 6 months + strong chance of becoming full time
Rate – based on experience per hour on w2 (NO c2c) based on experience
The Transmission & Distribution department of our client is looking for self-starting individuals to be responsible for performing substation engineering design on various high-voltage (69-500kV) substation projects.
Duties/responsibilities include the following:
· Create/modify one-lines, three-lines, control schematics, wiring diagrams, relay panel arrangements, and cable lists for high voltage (69-500kV) substations;
· Prepare/create construction documents for the installation of new, or modifications of existing, substations. Work includes bill of materials, yard layouts, plans, sections and electrical details;
· Design auxiliary AC and DC power systems;
· Create/modify technical specifications for major equipment, such power transformers, power circuit breakers, control house, and other high-voltage substation related materials;
· Coordinate with and provide technical assistance to SCADA engineers, substation physical engineers, and control design staff in order to fully develop system integration of protection, control, and monitoring systems;
· Provide engineering, construction, and testing & commissioning support for projects;
· Perform basic calculations such as voltage drop, CT burden and saturation, lighting, and short circuit with minimal supervision;
· Apply field mark-ups of project as-built drawings with minimal supervision;
· Assist project manager to develop scope of work and conceptual design for the projects;
· Communicate and coordinate project activities with project manager, client, and others as needed;
· Provide leadership, guidance and instruction to less experienced staff members;
· Take personal responsibility for the quality and accuracy of one’s work;
· Other duties will be assigned as required.
Minimum 3 years of experience (completion of master's degree in related field may be substituted for one year of experience) in substation engineering design.
Knowledgeable in the following areas is required:
· Strong knowledge of AC/DC fundamentals, including understanding of three-phase power systems;
· Knowledge of basic protection principles and practices for transmission lines, distribution feeders, and major substation equipment;
· Familiarity with microprocessor based protection and control systems;
· Ability to understand relaying one-lines and control schematics;
· Substation physical layout and electrical clearances;
· Substation rigid and strain bus design;
· Substation ground grid design;
· Substation surge and direct stroke protection;
· Substation raceway design;
· Knowledge of relevant codes and standards such as NEC, NESC, IEEE, NEMA and ANSI.
Other job requirements and/or preferences:
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills;
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
· Ability to work in a team environment and to coordinate the work of various engineering disciplines and contractors to complete an integrated project;
· Requires a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited program;
· Completion of FE exam is highly preferred;
· Previous consulting or utility experience preferred;
· Valid driver's license required;
· Must meet standards to qualify for and maintain the Company's vehicle driving privileges.
Computer Control Systems