Full cycle accounting responsibility in all aspects of store operations with high concentration in p&l review and inventory valuations.
Develop and maintain respectful, productive relationships with store personnel in effort to provide high-quality support and customer service, resulting in a successful and profitable store unit.
● Provide inventory gross margin analysis and review.
● Comprehensive review of store income statements.
● Monitor exception reporting, communicate with and assist Store and District Managers in problem resolution, best practice procedures and the resulting financial impact.
● Analyze account activity to identify and correct misclassifications, errors and omissions.
● Month-end close procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
● Strong PC/systems skills with proficiency in Excel (exposure to Essbase a plus).
● Excellent organizational and communication skills.
● Aptitude for problem solving, analytical skills and attention to detail.
● High degree of initiative and self-motivation.
● Ability to adapt and multitask in a changing environment.
● Ability to work independently, as well as, collaborate with team members.
● 4 year degree with emphasis in Accounting preferred; 2 year Accounting Certificate (or comparable) required.
● 1-2 years general accounting experience (convenience store/retail industry preferred).