The Accounting Manager will manage a set of accounting activities to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, corporate policies, and external audits. This person will manage the accounts payable function, payroll function, monthly closing of accounts and preparation of reports in support of the financial statements. The ideal candidate possesses leadership capabilities, solid operational and technical accounting background and works proactively to drive results. This person is a self-starter, flexible, has a high level of integrity and is action and goal-oriented in a fast-paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment. This position reports directly to the Controller.
Donan is a leader in the forensic investigation industry. We are looking for someone who will embody our values and Lead with Integrity, Respect and Care for All, be an Innovator in their field, be Driven to Achieve, and value Working Together.
- Supervise the accounts payable and payroll team.
- Oversee training of accounting staff.
- Oversee all general ledger accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or related field with emphasis in accounting.
- CPA License Required .
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of hands on experience working in a corporate accounting department or a combination of public accounting and industry accounting experience; a minimum of two years management experience preferred.
- Ability to manage direct reports
- Basic overall accounting knowledge
- Must be highly skilled in use of Excel spreadsheets
- Excellent overall verbal and written communication skills
- Must be trustworthy, confidential, honest, approachable, responsive, helpful, and communicative
- Must be flexible with the ability to assist in other areas when necessary
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work efficiently with little or no supervision
- Works in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties.
- Noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office.
- Incumbent may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the workday.
- Regularly required to sit, talk, or hear; frequently required to use repetitive hand motion, handle or feel, and to stand, walk, reach, bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Donan is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are an E-Verify participating employer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee, manage, and perform the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to accounts payable, general ledger, cash management, bank reconciliations, fixed assets, credit cards, expense reports, payroll, and taxes.
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
- Analyze the effect of statutory accounting practices and study regulations and guidance to ensure correct application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Make recommendations for changes as needed and ensure that company policies and procedures are followed and establish the proper techniques to discover and prevent fraud.
- Prepare detailed journal entries and account analyses.
- Manage and monitor cash balances, perform daily and periodic transfers, perform daily and month-end bank reconciliations, and related reporting.
- Oversee company expense programs including Expense Reporting, Travel Booking, and Company Credit Cards; prepare all monthly payment files to reimburse employee expenses.
- Handle monthly close process by preparing month-end journals, financial reporting, workpapers, and various tax returns.
- Execute year end audit, reviews, and valuations by preparing requested journals, annual financials, other requested items, and closing annual books.
- Oversee the successful completion of semi-monthly payroll by preparing payroll entries for financial systems, reviewing payroll reports prior to submission, and sending HSA contribution files.
- Track, compile, and record costs in fixed asset accounts; calculate depreciation.
- Review and post all Accounts Payable entries and assist staff with coding questions.
- Evaluate and make appropriate recommendations to internal accounting processes ensuring that practices are in line with the overall goals of the organization.
- Lead new hire training on accounting systems (Payroll, 401k, Travel Booking, Expense Reports)
- Other duties as assigned.
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles