Are you a licensed registered nurse who is looking for a new opportunity? Do you want to work in an environment where you can use your critical thinking and problem-solving skills on a daily basis? Like building strong long-term relationships with members? Tired of working holidays and weekends? Then, Accolade might be the right place for you.
As an Accolade Nurse, reporting to a Clinical Manager, you will engage with clients telephonically or via electronic messaging and be a trusted go-to resource who helps our clients with any issues related to their health or health benefits. You’ll have the opportunity to help clients get the right care at the right time… no problem is too big or too small.
A day in the life…
Leverage your clinical experience to be a trusted advisor for our client’s healthcare needs by:
Engage with clients to understand their needs
- Understand our clients’ needs by being an active listener and communicator
- Ability to listen, talk, and type all at once through multi-channel communications
- Operate from a perspective of truly caring about our clients and creating value for them.
- Be available when clients need
- Create a personalized & memorable experience with Accolade
- Build relationships through listening, honesty, and empathy
- Support clients by helping to translate their benefits package and care plans in a way that they can take appropriate actions
- Responsible for satisfying future and current client needs by delivering exceptional client service on a day to day basis
- Keep our promises
- Support clients to navigate the complex health care system
- Support clients to navigate the complex health care system.
- Working on behalf of our clients for their health care needs with others (vendors, carriers, providers, etc.)
Driving better client outcome
- Leverage technology and internal resources to provide data-driven and fact-based information focused on getting to best results for clients
- Influence care by educating clients, providing options, and assisting with navigating the healthcare system
- Use problem-solving and critical thinking capabilities to identify and understand the barriers of care support clients.
- Assist with improved health and financial outcomes
- Influence care by educating clients, providing options, and assisting with navigating the healthcare system.
- Minimum of 2 years with a bachelors degree in nursing or 5 years as an active Registered Nurse with a current unrestricted license
- Strong knowledge of the healthcare industry
- Ability to acquire proficiency with the necessary technology, including computers, software applications, phone systems, etc.
- Ability to thrive in a performance-based high-touch service environment (preferably with an inbound/outbound telephonic component)
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- High level of curiosity and ability to problem solve
- Thrive in a team environment, with the ability to excel in a fast-paced atmosphere and successfully collaborate with diverse groups at all levels of the organization.
- Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus
Electronic Medical Record
Patient Care Coordination