SMC, Ltd. is a globally recognized premium supplier to the medical market, headquartered in Somerset, WI with locations throughout the world. People committed to speed, technology, and exceptional performance are the cornerstone of our organization. Comprised of dedicated people and decades of manufacturing experience, we have continued to experience strong growth and currently have outstanding career opportunities for equally dedicated people.
POSITION SCOPE AND PURPOSE: Provides Hands on leadership for contract manufacturing
personnel in support of safety, quality, compliance, productivity, 6S and company policies.
Monitor/adjust work of shift employees to scheduling demands. Recommend improvements in production
methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Provides leadership, training and ensures quality and compliance of regulatory rules for personnel
• Drive expectations of meeting safety, 6S, GMP and company rules
• Responsible for ensuring existing and developmental production set ups are complete & compliant as
per validated process in the Work instructions and all customer’s expectations are being met
• Monitor and coach on output per labor hour, scrap, equipment utilization and unresolved issues
• Ensures material/product traceability & First In First Out (FIFO) methodologies are maintained
• Monitor and provide ongoing feedback regarding daily performance of personnel
• Accountable for traceability of all products.
• Perform, direct, and accountable for all line clearance steps and reconciliation.
• Ability to review procedures and work instructions looking for and reporting back on any corrections
• Compliance and enforcement of all policies and procedures in the work instructions.
• Must keep regular attendance and professionalism
EQUIPMENT USED: Computer, printer, telephone/cell phone, calculator, manufacturing equipment and machines, machine tools, and fax machine.
CONTACTS: Customers, all SMC employees, Vendor Sales Representatives.
SUPERVISION OF PEOPLE: This position supervises employees.
ACCESS TO CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION: An executed non-disclosure agreement is required prior to start date.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent(s) of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position. SMC Ltd. will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the ADAAA.
• A minimum of three years of experience in a manufacturing environment
• Associate degree preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required.
• Strong interpersonal, communication skills and have the ability to develop a team atmosphere.
Demonstrates abilities in prioritization, multi-tasking, problem solving while maintaining strong
attention to detail and willingness to collaborate in a team environment.
• Computer proficiency, Microsoft Office, bar code readers with the ability to use MRP system to
conduct data entries.
• Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
• Technical background desirable.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
• Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
• Ability to work for extended periods sitting and looking at computer while completing repetitive motions to include substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
• Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; reviewing detailed information; viewing a computer terminal; and expansive reading.
• The ability to manage a number of projects at one time with frequent interruptions and tight deadlines.
• Climbing, Balancing, Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Crawling, Reaching, Standing, Walking, Pushing, Pulling, Lifting, Talking, and Hearing.
• Repetitive Motions: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
• The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment and to determine the accuracy, neatness, thoroughness of work assigned or to make general observations of facilities or structures.
• The worker is subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions, noise, vibration, hazards and atmospheric conditions such as fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation.
SMC will provide equal opportunity in employment practices to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable federal, state or local equal employment opportunity/affirmative action laws. Employment decisions shall be made without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, disability, pregnancy, marital or parental status, genetic information, arrest and/or conviction record(s), military service, disabled/protected/other veteran status, use or nonuse of lawful products off the employer’s premises during non-working hours, declining to attend a meeting or participate in any communication about religious matters or political matters or any other protected category that is unlawful to discriminate against under federal, state, and/or local laws. This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, advertising, hiring, training and development, promotions, transfers, terminations, demotions, layoffs, compensation and benefits, social and recreational programs, and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.