To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Frederick, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Project Manager – Government Contract Solutions
Precision Medicine Group, LLC • Frederick, MD
Posted 2 months ago
Precision for Medicine Laboratory Services develops assays and runs global logistics by using biomarkers to stratify patients, incomparably improving R&D efficiency and success for our clients. We lead every aspect of our clinical trials from sites to biomarkers to diagnostics, all under a single roof. We dramatically accelerate our clients' pathway from proof of concept to drug approval.
Precision Medicine Group, LLC is the leading global provider of precision medicine research services and creative commercialization solutions for life sciences companies. After completing the largest private investment raise of a life sciences services company in 2012, we have rapidly grown through a series of acquisitions and 20%+ annual organic growth to more than 1,500 people in over 25 offices across the U.S., Canada and Europe. We are unusually positioned for continued growth as we expand the company’s global footprint and develop leadership in the most creative areas of life sciences as we help our clients develop and deliver lifesaving medical treatments to patients across the world.
We encourage high-energy, dedicated team members who enjoy a challenge, thrive in the details and flourish in dynamic environments to invest in learning more about us. If you are no stranger to taking charge and collaborating to deliver excellent work, we have an opportunity for you.
You consider yourself a highly organized, self starter with an eye for detail and a pulse on the bottom line. You flourish in face-paced environments and relish the particulars. If you are a born problem-solver who enjoys when no day is the same - your dream job is waiting.
You will work closely with a cross-functional teams to provide coordination and oversight of scheduled PM activities. You will manage existing government projects by developing and maintaining logistical plans, making recommendations to clients on study designs that increase quality and efficiency.
How you will make a difference:
- You will design and implement new government projects with regard to data management, inventory control, shipping procedures, etc. for all assigned functional areas.
- You will collaborate with the Biorepository Supervisors to hire, train and mentor a strong laboratory team in accordance with company culture.
- You will manage resources for large multi-million dollar government biorepository contract(s), maintaining collections of biological specimens from sponsored epidemiological and clinical studies.
- You will organize the project specific responsibilities of a team engaged in receiving, storing, aliquoting and shipping specimens for use in research related to government driven multiple therapeutic projects and areas.
- You will work with the Finance Director to efficiently manage the contract budget to maximize utilization of resources and scope. You will prepare annual reports regarding the project and biorepository, which may include communicating unexpected variances to senior leadership and clients.
- You will participate in bidding on new projects, writing proposals, and preparing budgets.
- You will enforce quality control procedures and compliance to GMP/GLP/ISO regulations and standards.
· Master’s Degree in Biology or related field
· 6 years of relevant laboratory experience
· 3 years’ experience in Project Management in a scientific or technical discipline managing/leading large/complex projects
· 3 years of Supervisory experience and the ability to lead a large team
· Demonstrated ability to function in a leadership capacity often anticipating client needs and actively problem solving to increase client satisfaction.
· Sample Biobanking and Biorepository experience with working understanding of how to collect and process clinical specimens for translational research
· Demonstrated success in managing customer/contracting officer expectations and bringing projects to successful closure
· Experience with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
· Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational and multi-tasking skills
· Excellent use of discernment and discretion
· Strong computer and business writing skills
· Extended work hours may be necessary in order to meet business demands
· Ability to read, write, speak fluently and comprehend the English language
· PhD in Immunology, Virology, Cell Biology or related subject
· Experience with Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS)
· Biotechnology, Repository or pharmaceutical industry experience
· Experience writing and executing Standard Operating Procedures and validation plans