Key function: Design 7x24 reliability power systems for mission critical data centers and telecommunications facilities.
- Designs electrical systems for data centers including:
- Power design, including layout and circuiting of receptacles, miscellaneous equipment, mechanical equipment, and completion of panel schedules.
- Power design associated with UPS and generator support systems
- Design of intermediate to complex electrical one-line diagrams.
- Short circuit and voltage drop calculations.
- Fuse and circuit breaker coordination studies.
- Lighting design, including lighting fixture selection, layout, circuiting, and controls for interior and exterior applications.
- Prepare studies on various electrical systems, identify options and potential solutions. Provide related cost comparisons.
- Development of specifications for the lighting and power systems.
- Review of contractor's shop drawings and submittals.
- Conduct construction observations and prepare reports. This includes participation of commissioning activities.
- Performs engineering tasks proficiently by using word processing and spreadsheet software, and computer assisted engineering and design software.
- Exhibits effective application of local and national building codes, and strong working knowledge of all applicable safety codes and industry standards.
- Makes presentations to clients, and/or in front of groups.
- Proposes innovative solutions and strategizes with team to resolve concerns and conflicts.
- Shares knowledge acquired at seminars and training events with team to ensure teams stays current on industry standards.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Architectural Engineering from an ABET-accredited college or university, and minimum 5 years’ experience in consulting engineering.
- Licensing as PE (CO/AZ preferred)
- Certification as an EIT
- Ability to apply theoretical knowledge to achieve cost-effective, constructible design solutions
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively; to express ideas; to share information; and to prepare clear, well-organized correspondence, reports and similar documents
- Ability to demonstrate effective conflict resolution and creative problem solving
- Ability to think strategically
- Knowledge of fundamental business principles and practices, e.g., chargeable versus billable time, invoicing procedures, chargeable expenses, cost versus billing rate and profit margins
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
View the full profile
The goal of Lucas Group is to be North America’s premier executive recruiting firm in assisting mid-tier to Fortune 500 clients find transcendent, executive talent; candidates fully realize their career ambitions; and our associates (recruiters) find professional fulfillment and financial success.
Lucas Group is transforming the recruiting industry. Our objective is to be a trusted consultant for all of your professional recruiting and placement needs. We will surround you with meaningful attention and create long-term relationships with our clients, candidates, and associates.
We add economic value and waste neither time nor money. We strive to be a sophisticated, reliable, and trusted recruitment consultant.
Lucas Group culture and methodologies drive superior business results. No one else is approaching executive recruitment the way we are. No one else is thinking about it the way we are. No one else is executing it the way we are. We continue to redefine the executive recruiting experience through the use of market data, analytics, and consistent and candid communication.
Lucas Group began in 1970 in Atlanta, GA as a small, one-man business with the important vision of helping military personnel transition to the civilian workforce after honorably completing their military service.
Today, Lucas Group has evolved into the premier recruiting firm in North America. With 15 locations nationwide, strategic partnerships with recruiting firms in Canada and Europe, and deep experience in a wide range of industries, Lucas Group has earned a reputation for unparalleled customer service and bottom line results.