Healthcare Risk Advisors has an exciting Human Resources Specialist position available in their NYC office!
The HR Specialist will provide Human Resources services and support, including in the areas of recruitment, employee relations, corporate communications and events, and Special Projects.
1. Manage pre-employment recruitment and selection processes, including job postings, scheduling interviews, and administer pre-employment screenings.
2. Schedule and conduct phone screens and interviews for administrative, entry level and some mid-level positions.
3. Coordinates with Director, HR on New Hire Onboarding and Orientation.
4. Responsible for internal Company and HR Communications, including preparing HR -related news items, maintain company organization charts, posting on The Loop (corporate intranet site) and create new content.
5. Project lead on implementation of talent management initiatives, including employee engagement initiatives, scheduling onboarding meetings and six-month reminders, manage service awards program, handle logistics for training sessions.
6. Event Planning for annual staff summer outing, holiday party, birthday celebrations and other employee gatherings. Additionally, coordinate Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives (volunteering, food/lunch drives, Winter Wishes, Skip Lunch Fight Hunger etc.).
7. Provide support to AVP, HR and other HR team members, as requested.
8. Provide support on HR projects, including the OnBase and ADP projects.
1. Work performed for team is completed with high degree of accuracy and within timeframe specified upon request.
2. HR is presented in highly professional manner.
3. Takes proactive approach to all tasks; anticipates needs and actively proposes solutions to problems.
4. Maintains confidentiality of proprietary, sensitive, and company-confidential information.
5. Corporate events are planned and coordinated proactively and implemented within budget.
6. Updated HR Procedures Manual is maintained.
· Bachelor’s degree; major in HR preferred.
· 3+ years HR experience.
· Strong interpersonal and communication (both verbal and written) skills.
· Demonstrated ability to exercise political savvy, good judgment, tact and diplomacy with colleagues, clients and other constituents at all levels of an organization.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of highly important and sensitive information.
· Strong attention to detail, mathematical aptitude and reasoning skills.
· Ability to work effectively with ADP HRIS – HRB and Payroll modules – run custom reports and work with ADP to resolve systems issues.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities, prioritize work according to urgency and importance, and consistently meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
· Proactive; identifies work to be done and does it; looks forward to plan upcoming needs and work.
· Ability to work with minimal guidance or direct supervision and make independent decisions.
· Ability to exercise appropriate discretion in the identification of issues for consideration and resolution by superiors.