Senior Network Engineer-Irving, TX (2019-12606)
About PrimeSource Building Products, Inc. With 34 distribution centers throughout the US and more than 1,200 employees, PrimeSource is an international distributor of building materials serving residential, commercial, and industrial new-construction and remodeling markets as a value-added link in the distribution chain. Core products distributed under the nationally known Grip-Rite® and Pro-Twist® brands include: Nails, screws, and collated fasteners; tools, compressors and accessories; residential and commercial roofing products; diamond blades and accessories, gypsum accessories, weather protection and covers, adhesives and caulks, contractor bags and poly sheeting, building accessories; rebar and concrete accessories; and fencing and wire. For more information, please visit URL blocked - click to apply , URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply
PrimeSource Building Products, Inc., one of the nation's largest wholesale distributors of building supply products, is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to work in our Irving, Texas corporate office.
Sr. Network Engineer that will focus on providing support to users and system resources in all areas of the company. Expected to maintain network environment at levels at or above company standards and bring ideas to better our processes.
Position will also involve technical aspects including but not limited to WAN, LAN, SD-WAN, VPN, DNS, DHCP, 802.11 Wireless, Windows Server maintenance, VMWare, and Desktop support. Technical responsibilities could include all aspects of network/data center support where needed.
- Maintains network security through proper configuration of VPN and Firewalls.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Enterprise network environment and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email security, SPAM, IDS, etc.)
- Troubleshoots malfunctions of network hardware, software applications, VOIP, POTS lines, and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
- Assesses network infrastructure needs and capabilities of the organization. Makes regular reports to management concerning the current state of the technical environment to include refreshes, upgrades, and obsolescence / disposal plans.
- Works on design, implementation, and support activities for network switches, routers, firewalls, cabling plant, and wireless solutions.
- Executes work plans for the design, build, and implementation of the network infrastructure.
- Meets deadlines and quality requirements.
- Works with management to determine measurable and attainable goals related to network availability and to formulate network budgets supportive of those goals. Works closely with rest of team to meet goals on a consistent basis.
- Works closely with the IT Security team to maintain or exceed high levels of security and to develop, implement, and test the disaster recovery plan for the organization’s network and data centers.
- Ability to take initiative and move projects forward with limited direction
- Experience with Cisco, required
- Experience with Fortinet and Brocade, desired
- Minimum three (3) years’ network systems deployment and support
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university recommended; degree in IT preferred, or equivalent and relevant network administration experience.
- CCNA or equivalent a plus
Network Planning And Design
Wide Area Networks
Local Area Networks