The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association is a nonprofit organization that directs a range of domestic and international ministries. From its headquarters in Charlotte, N.C., the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association directs a wide range of domestic and international ministries, including: large-scale festivals led by evangelists Franklin Graham and Will Graham; The Billy Graham Library; The Billy Graham Training Center at The Cove, located outside of Asheville, N.C.; SearchforJesus.net, an Internet evangelism project reaching thousands of people for Christ online; and many others through print, television, telephone, radio and the Internet.
As an integral part of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, the Data Visualization Developer will work closely with the Data Management and Analysis team to analyze and prioritize ministry reporting needs, determining when best to apply Data Visualization as a solution for those needs. Provide Tableau dashboard reports and visualizations to meet those needs throughout BGEA, to enhance Ministry efforts.
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Faithfully upholds BGEA in prayer.
- Participates in daily BGEA staff devotions as schedule permits.
- Demonstrates behavior aligned with BGEA’s Mission Statement, Statement of Faith, Hallmarks, policies, and expectations.
- Sets positive example of service and integrity at all times.
- Effectively represents Jesus Christ to those within both personal and professional spheres of influence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilizes Tableau to design and create dashboards and data visualizations for all areas of the ministry
- Layout Tableau workbooks in an organized way to standardize the usage of data visualizations
- Effectively test visualization solutions, and validate visualizations before publishing to production environments
- Work with various departments to determine the data visualization needs that will support and enhance Ministry efforts
- Communicates proactively with key users to provide status updates on dashboards and data visualizations development efforts
- Create documentation for each visualization to make it clear what data is being visualized, and how the specific filters and other elements of the visualization can be utilized to refine the visualization
- Design the content needs for Tableau data sources, and work with other IT staff to create processes to load those data sources onto the Tableau Server
MARGINAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with customers and departments to set up and run Tableau subscriptions
- Keeps abreast of new technology
- Assists in daily Information Technology (IT) operations including, but not limited to diagnosing problems and completing regularly scheduled activities
- Reports to Application Development Manager
- Receives direction for visualization requirements and prioritization from Data Management and Analysis leadership
- Works closely with other IT groups and various Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA) departments and other business units
- Has no supervisory responsibilities
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- One year Tableau Business Intelligence Development tools experience required
- One year Microsoft SQL 2008/2012 T-SQL programming experience preferred
- Experience analyzing proprietary business data for trends and patterns
- Ability to quickly learn new technology
- MySQL programming experience preferred
- Strong ability to work independently relative to assigned priorities
- Consistent ability to see projects through to timely, quality completion
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to self-start, to prioritize tasks, and to remain organized
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to make attention to detail and accuracy a high priority
- Consistent high level of integrity and professionalism
- Windows 10 and Current Microsoft Office experience required
- Ability to manage multiple projects and to adapt readily to frequently-changing circumstances, priorities, and demands
- Work is typically performed in a conventional office and technology environment
- Ability to work extended daily, weekly, and weekend hours is sometimes required
- Ability to work on an on-call basis is occasionally required
- Employees filling regular full-time positions, who are working no less than 40 hours per week, are eligible to participate in BGEA’s benefits program.
Attention To Detail