• 2-8 years minimum experience working with Java and relevant technology stack.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in computer science, systems engineering, or relevant field.
Candidate must have experience:
• Designing and developing applications using the latest open source tools and technologies including Red Hat 3.11 and MongoDB, and experience migrating .NET-based applications written in C# with SQL databases.
• Supporting critical business functions through the development, implementation, and maintenance of applications and systems;
• Contributing software development expertise to multiple projects and ensure that specifications are met;
• Designing, coding, testing, debugging, maintaining, and documenting software applications;
• Following established software development standards and procedures and contribute towards their improvement;
• Developing complex application features and creating technical designs;
• Participating in peer code and design reviews;
• Researching, developing and writing complex high end, mission critical, role-based enterprise level computer programs requiring high degree of security and computational ability.
• Reviewing and analyzing complex programming specifications to resolve issues.
• Preparing technical standards, providing technical advice and guidance, and collaborating with other programmers to conceptualize and develop design.
• Conducting thorough problem analysis, document findings, and propose creative solutions.
• Coordinating end to end runs and providing production support and suggest enhancements to existing business applications.
• Using technical judgment and make appropriate system decisions.
• Analyzing and debug Application/Client Server connectivity problems.
• Performing SDLC process including designing and developing applications.
Ideal candidate has experience with:
• Deploying code into established continuous integration/continuous development (CI/CD) pipeline consisting of Jenkins and OpenShift containerization;
• Performing application testing using Maven, Nexus, SonarQube, RestEasy, Selenium, and Deque;
• Security tools such as HP Fortify and Micro Focus WebInspect, AppDetective
• Strong Object-Oriented Programming knowledge
• Interest in Web and Cloud Technologies.
• Is familiar with insurance related processes
• Is familiar with approach and methodologies related to customer and user experience for digital solutions.
• Is Scrum Master Certified and is familiar with advanced agile practices including release trains, DevOps, CI/CD pipeline management, and Federal security requirements.
• Has experience supporting front-end design and has the ability to build prototypes and wireframes using software such as InVision or Axure.
• Has experience using JIRA or an equivalent agile project management tool (i.e. Pivotal Tracker, VersionOne)
• Is a DHS 508 certified trusted tester
Qualified Candidates should send a Word/PDF attached copy of their resume to Scott Gilinger at email@example.com.