To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sacramento, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Assistant
Pacific Staffing • Sacramento, CA
Posted 2 months ago
If you are an up and coming Human Resources Professional and have tried your hand in the corporate world but feel like just another number we have your next career opportunity. This is not just a job, it’s a career and a connection to a greater mission in giving back to the community.
A long standing mission driven organization in Sacramento is in need of a resilient Human Resources Assistant to join their HR team. Individuals with strong technical skills, good communication, and a go-getter attitude would be the ideal match for this role. Candidates with at least two years of Human Resources experience and knowledge are highly desired. This position will be responsible for payroll processing, recruitment initiatives, HRIS data entry and reporting, and other daily office related support. This is a full time temporary to hire opportunity and a chance to work with a mentoring and amazing HR Manager.
- Human Resources duties include but not limited to full cycle onboarding, new hire orientations, employee relations, EDD claims, and verifications of employment.
- Complete timely and accurate bi-weekly payroll processing through check cutting and direct deposit processing; ensuring accuracy of wages, deductions, fringes, taxes and all related job costing, general ledger posting, and filings; working with superintendents to ensure accuracy of timecards and correct for inaccuracies.
- Ability to develop, implement, support and review all Human Resource Department initiatives, policies, procedures and systems.
- Leadership and instructional aptitude needed to provide training and oversight on policies and procedures and share with employees
- Compliance with all policies and legal requirements.
- Participate as a team member in Human Resource activities and efforts to achieve overall department goals and objectives.
- Assists employees and volunteers with routine department inquiries.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- BA/BS in business administration or relevant field and/or combination of education and 2 years experience in a Human Resources position.
- Minimum of two years of processing and auditing of payroll for non- exempt and exempt staff.
- Strong working knowledge of HR functions and procedures (e.g., pay and benefits, recruitment, and training).
- Maintain high degree of confidentiality and professionalism in the assignment of responsibilities.
- Commitment to staying current on understanding of wage and hour laws as well as knowledge of local, state, and federal laws pertaining to payroll processing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, knowledge of HRM systems a plus.
- Exceptional organization and time-management skills and aptitude for critical thinking, problem solving and decision making.