To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
7435 U.S. 277
Abilene, TX 79606
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Mechanical Engineer Designer
Petrosmith • Abilene, TX
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Reports to: Service Technical Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for design and engineering, cost estimates and repairs for aftermarket projects. The engineer will perform complex calculations and be able to demonstrate understanding of underlying principles. Performs a variety of engineering work in the initial planning and design phases of projects. Use creativity and objectivity to perform studies and technical activities to arrive at the most cost-effective, reliable technical solution.
Responsibilities and Duties
● Perform broader design engineering activities involving the design of vessels, equipment, systems, components, structures, and pipe stress analysis.
● Gather and organize information to assist in developing designs, specifications, and drawings of equipment.
● Creation of 3D and 2D CAD files, including shop fabrication prints in accordance with Petrosmith design standards
● Works with Manufacturing and QA to identify root cause of quality defects and implement permanent corrective actions and continuous improvement
● Oversee vendor/shop drawings review to assure compliance with design/specifications.
● Assist with routine technical reports, manpower estimates, schedules, etc.
● Lead and collaborate with project team members and vendors.
● Update 2D and 3D CAD files (AutoCAD / Solidworks) for CNC Profiler to manufacturer specifications for Petrosmith standard packages and customers’ product line.
● Design products as needed to meet ASME design requirement.
● Streamline and oversee process for internal estimation.
● Develops and integrates standard processes and new product projects.
● Lead technical evaluations of bids and recommendation for purchase.
● Oversee cross functional teams to implement improvements to existing manufacturing methods and leads complex projects independently with minimal supervision.
● Initiates, develops and manages capital improvement projects including manufacturing equipment, facility enhancements and new product launches.
● Leads Vessel and Tank estimating and focused initiatives to achieve established ASME and API objectives for customer products.
● Participates in cross functional planning meetings to evaluate future process as well as field Q&A from managers.
● Provides subject matter expertise for assigned manufacturing processes and product lines.
● Mechanical Engineering degree preferred
● Experience in project management.
● Must have 3 to 6 years of Pressure Vessel and Tank production, estimating and 2D/3D AutoCAD and Solidworks experience.
● Ability to read, analyze and interpret engineering drawings, plans, specifications and bid documents.
● Knowledge of industry ASME design standards.
● Knowledge of API design standards.
● Knowledge and ability to source specialty items when needed.
● Prior experience in Tank and Vessel Manufacturer.
● Strong computer skills, with emphasis on Microsoft Office Suites and 3D Inventor and Solidworks.
● The ability to work both independently and as part of a team are essential.
● Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
● Must possess good time management and prioritizing skills.
● Must possess good multi-tasking skills.
● Must exhibit good written and oral communication skills
Work Environment & Physical Demands
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk; Sit; use hands to finger, handle objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds waist high.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office. The noise level in the work environment will required hearing protection when in the manufacturing shops. Frequently employee may need to engage manufacturing workers in their work environment.
· Mechanical Engineering degree preferred
· Experience in project management.
· Must have 3 to 6 years of Pressure Vessel and Tank production, estimating and 2D/3D AutoCAD and Solidworks experience.
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret engineering drawings, plans, specifications and bid documents.
· Knowledge of industry ASME design standards.
· Knowledge of API design standards.
· Knowledge and ability to source specialty items when needed.
· Prior experience in Tank and Vessel Manufacturer.
· Strong computer skills, with emphasis on Microsoft Office Suites and 3D Inventor and Solidworks.
· The ability to work both independently and as part of a team are essential.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
· Must possess good time management and prioritizing skills.
· Must possess good multi-tasking skills.
· Must exhibit good written and oral communication skills