To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
199 Water Street
New York, NY 11201
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Criminal Defense Practice Administrative Assistant
The Legal Aid Society • New York, NY
Posted 2 months ago
The Legal Aid Society has an immediate opening for an Administrative Assistant to work with the Criminal Defense Practice Central Administration staff on a day-to-day basis on Practice operations. The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to members of the Criminal Defense Practice's management team.
* Serve as the Administrative Assistant to the Attorney-in-Charge, Practice Administrator and Director of Social Work
* Answer and respond to telephone calls
* Manage calendars and schedule appointments
* Open and sort mail
* Draft and type correspondence
* Maintain and update attorneys' bar registration records
* Prepare attendance reports
* Handle administrative matters
* Prepare and maintain training records
* Assist with the hiring of Criminal Defense Practice staff
* Create various Excel and PowerPoint documents as needed
* Maintain and order supplies for the unit
* Serve as administrator for the Prisoners' Rights Project
* Other duties as assigned
TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
* Excellent written and oral communications skills
* Skillful inter-personal interactions
* Excellent ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
* Must possess excellent organizational skills
* Ability to maintain confidentiality
* Some knowledge of the criminal justice system
* Must be able to work independently and initiate, design, and implement new procedures
* Ability to respond quickly and calmly in emergencies and problem situations is essential
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office
* Familiarity with Law Manager or similar operating systems
* New York State Notary Public or willing to become one
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
The leadership of The Legal Aid Society is committed to a work culture of zealous advocacy, respect, diversity and inclusion, client-oriented defense, access to justice and excellent representation. We are dedicated to building a strong professional relationship with each of our clients, to understanding their diverse circumstances, and to meeting their needs. Our ability to achieve these goals depends on the efforts of all of us.
HOW TO APPLY
You must apply online at the LAS Recruitment Portal. The Legal Aid Society is reducing its carbon footprint and therefore paper applications are not accepted. Only PDF documents will be accepted. If your document is not a PDF, your application will not be processed. Applications submitted without all the required materials will not be processed.
The Legal Aid Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ communities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For technical difficulties or questions regarding this posting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org opens an email client application .