Potential Partnership Opportunity
Why Berry Talbot Royer?
- We’re breaking into new lines of work and revenue streams…and experiencing tremendous growth!
- We’re excited to hear new ideas and perspectives!
- We offer partnership opportunities, an ideal work/life balance including limited overtime during tax season and an environment where you are challenged professionally, appreciated personally and where you can enjoy coming to work each day!
For over 100 years, Berry Talbot Royer (BTR), a rapidly-growing, full-service accounting firm based in Falmouth, Maine, has provided a broad range of expert accounting services. We provide businesses, schools, municipalities and nonprofits with comprehensive financial services, including bookkeeping, QuickBooks, tax preparation, audit and assurance.
Due to continued growth, we are currently seeking a dedicated, focused, self-motivated team player with 6+ years of recent public accounting tax experience to lead tax and accounting engagements, mainly for small to mid-size, privately-held businesses. You will prepare and review all types of entity tax returns, complete complex tax planning and research, direct and oversee a small staff and establish, and manage professional client relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related discipline (a master’s degree, particularly in taxation, is preferred)
- CPA license
- 6+ years of recent public accounting tax experience progressing in scope and responsibility
- Experience managing a tax staff and hundreds of tax clients
- Experience preparing and reviewing 1120S, 1065, and 1120 tax returns (experience with trusts are a plus)
- Strong interpersonal, communication, analytical, organizational, client service, leadership and PC skills including MS Excel and accounting software proficiency (CCH software proficiency is a plus)
- Strong accounting skills and balance sheet mechanics with the ability to effectively lead tax engagements, mentor staff and juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
We are a group of progressive, talented professionals committed to client service and excellence in our work. We offer competitive compensation and benefits including health, dental, disability & life insurance, pension plan, generous paid time off, an ideal work life/balance with flexible hours and limited tax season overtime, professional growth opportunity including potential partnership, state of the art technology and a collaborative, professional office environment.
If you are seeking an excellent partner track opportunity and are eager to learn more about becoming a key part of our tax practice, please submit your resume by clicking 'Apply' above.
Berry Talbot Royer is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: tax supervisor, senior tax manager, tax senior, senior manager, senior tax accountant, senior accountant, CPA, certified public accountant, public accounting, accounting manager, accounting supervisor