To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Longmont, CO
- MATHESON TRI/GAS INC.
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
MATHESON TRI/GAS INC. • Longmont, CO
Posted 7 days ago
Matheson, a leading manufacturer, processor, retail sales and distributor of welding gases and supplies has the following opportunity available at our Longmont, CO facility.
Open position for a Senior Engineer of an engineering team within the UHP Equipment division of Matheson. The Senior Engineer plans, organizes and directs engineering activities to meet company objectives for equipment design, new product development, and improvement of existing product lines by performing the following duties personally and through engineer support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plans and formulates aspects of research and development proposals such as objective or purpose of project, applications that can be used from findings, costs of project, and equipment and human resource requirements.
- Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis. Plans documentation system.
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department
- Selects correct design concepts and fundamental technology used for new products or improvement for existing ones.
- Reviews and analyzes proposals submitted to determine if benefits derived and possible applications justify expenditures.
- Manages new product integration programs and change control board within the business unit.
- Delegate engineering tasks to key personnel (design, controls, software, and mechanical, engineers) to complete engineering projects on time and on budget with progress reports throughout the project.
- Working with the manufacturing, operations and quality managers, reviews and monitors quality and process improvements and new product development.
- Confer with management, production, and marketing staff to discuss project specifications and procedures.
- Coordinate and manage projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and delegate the integration of technical activities.
- Analyze technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Direct, review, and approve product design and changes.
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing engineering guidelines, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services.
- Review and recommend or approve contracts and cost estimates.
- Consult or negotiate with clients to prepare project specifications by completing scope of work agreements
Apply online at:
Matheson is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth under EEOC.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, Religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, or disability
EOE AA M/F/VET Disability
Matheson is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to proficiently display computer software skills with programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio, 3D CAD (Pro-E preferred), PLC, drawing vaults, ERP/MRP systems.
- Experience with design of UHP gas handling equipment, testing protocols for such equipment, meeting SEMI standards
- In depth knowledge of micro contamination, semi processes, gas handling, fluid dynamics, UHP components
- Working knowledge of design for Six Sigma, engineering change control boards, part number databases
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, employees, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals and processes.
- Ability to conduct or participate in root cause and 8D analysis of internal and external complaints.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, vendors, employees, clients, customers, and the general public.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate Engineering discipline from a four-year college or university
- Five to Ten years related experience and/or training in gas handling equipment design/management, preferably in UHP equipment
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.