To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
315 North Cedar Bluff Road
Knoxville, TN 37923
- Christi Fightmaster
- Phone: 8657690660
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Pugh CPAs • Knoxville, TN
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
TAX STAFF OR SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
The Tax Staff or Senior Accountant performs the day-to-day tax and advisory services while working as a business advisory liaison with clients. Additionally, the Tax Accountant handles tax engagements through reviewing client data, understanding legislative updates and preparing client tax returns. The Senior Accountant supports the Firm's goals and values through all professional communications and strong working relationships.
§ Works on various tax returns (individuals, trusts, partnerships and corporations) under a supervisor/designee (depending engagement, the supervisor could be a Senior Accountant, Manager or Officer).
§ Prepares tax returns and client data following the Firm policies and procedures.
§ Reviews accounting data and financial statements working within budgets guidelines.
§ Brings unusual/significant accounting and tax implications and questions to the supervisor.
§ Performs any other work assigned by a supervisor.
§ Becomes familiar with the Firm's policies, procedures, manuals, forms, relevant software.
§ Assist other team members with client management such as gathering tax, research of tax problems, recommendations for business and process improvement.
§ Continuous learner developing job knowledge of client operations, processes, business objectives as well as federal and state tax issues.
§ Other duties as assigned by department leadership or team members.
§ May be responsible for supervising and training less experienced Staff Accountants.
§ Acts as a mentor to entry level Staff Accountants or Interns on an informal basis.
§ Understands key elements of client care and service.
§ Develops understanding of all Firm services and marketing strategies.
§ Participates in community activities; begins to establish external referral network.
§ Develops writing, communication, inter-personal and other human relation skills.
§ Actively pursues CPA certification by sitting for all scheduled exams.
§ Supports departmental goals, policies and guidelines.
§ Assumes responsibilities as a "champion" in specific departmental software applications.
§ Participates in other administrative activities as requested by the Officers, Managers or Senior Accountants.
- Bachelors in Accounting or, equivalent required
- Typically, 1-4 years professional experience in public accounting, depending on position level
- Actively pursuing CPA license or, currently possess active license
- Proficient with use of computers and basic software applications including MS Office Excel
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Successful problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to thrive in team-oriented environment
- Excellent project management, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Strong time management skills with ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to sit and/or use a computer for extended periods of time and/or travel by air and/or car, if required; ability to carry and transport laptop, business materials, travel bags.
- Ability to provide own transportation for traveling to client assignments or, for professional training and development
- Overtime work as required periodically throughout the year during seasonal periods