The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for developing processes and methods to improve existing product lines in the most effective manner with an emphasis on efficiency by analyzing layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods, and work force utilization. Determines parts and tools needed in order to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specification.
· Understanding of manufacturing engineering with respect to one or more of these areas: robotic and semi-automated assembly processes, stamping, CNC machining, gluing, plastic laser welding, PCB soldering, motor and gear assemblies, injection molding technologies, tooling, fixtures, gauges and in-process tests like leak and torque tests.
· Understanding of Lean manufacturing, Kaizen, TPM, corrective action and root cause analysis programs or tools; FMEA and GD&T.
· Knowledge of SAP or similar production systems.
· Distinctive problem solving and analysis skills, combined with impeccable business judgment.
· Basic understanding of Allen Bradley and/or Siemens controls strongly desired.
· Proficient in AutoCAD.
· Strong computer skills in MS Office. ISO/QS knowledge is a plus.
· Ability to speak Spanish and or German is a plus, but not required.