Responsible for the reception, and distribution of off-air, satellite etc. programming to the outside of the plant. This includes the installation, construction, operations and repair of all equipment associated with the headend and signal distribution network.
- Monitor video and audio quality of services delivered on the forward and reverse (analog – digital – IP)
- Perform daily check of RF Levels and Headend alignment.
- Verify video and audio levels for satellite and stero processing equipment.
- Monitor Commercial Insertion equipment for performance as needed.
- Perform status monitoring of RF and data performance, further report and/or repair discrepancies.
- Assist the supervisor with work flow, train, and quality assurance
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid driver's license with satisfactory driving record within Company required standards.
- Ability to operate appropriate computer or test equipment associated with position. In addition to the following hand tools: electric drills, hammers, wrenches, screwdrivers in the installation of cable to the residence and TV set converters.
- Ability to walk over all types of terrain in all kinds of weather while carrying tools and equipment, including gaffs, ladders, and fully loaded tool belts.
- Ability to accurately measure distances, using tapes or other measuring devices.
- Ability to perform job from high places (i.e., poles and roofs).
- Ability to carry, climb and operate extension ladder, (approx. 28 ft high and 75 pounds).
- Ability to climb poles using gaffs, hooks and climbing belt as needed.
- Ability to make cable connections in tight spaces by bending, reaching, twisting.
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to adhere to Local, Federal regulations and Company policies.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and talk or hear.The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
Brazing (Metal Work)
Pipe (Fluid Conveyance)
Metal Inert Gas (Mig) Welding