We’re looking for an aggressive, results-focused, relentless, and strategic business development professional to join our rapidly growing and transforming global logistics business, helping us to create and deliver world-class results for our clients and for our firm.
This sales role will focus on new business creation, marketing, and client relationship growth, working with our leadership and operations team to facilitate optimized outcomes to intricate domestic and international logistics challenges and to reinforce NorthPoint’s value proposition as a values-centered supply chain leader. You’ll interact with clients in a digital and in-person format and investigate their supply chain needs – both stated and unstated – as you create and demonstrate our service-driven solutions (such as air, ocean, intermodal, LTL, full truckload, refrigerated, or flatbed) and lead them to select us as their supply chain partner.
You’ll be accountable for representing our firm, closing new business, transitioning our new clients to the client success and operational teams that will help to operate their business day-to-day, and supporting the lead generation efforts of the business. You’ll participate in business reviews, managing the client relationship and identifying new opportunities for services that we can deliver on their behalf. Through it all, you’ll live into our values, ensuring that our clients are truly our partners and that we can work hand in hand with them.
Total compensation for this role will be significantly incentive-laden.
- You’re a values-centered person with a relentless focus on leadership, growth, and service.
- You have at least five years of experience in net-new business development, ideally with a focus on the domestic or international logistics industries.
- You have grit and an unwavering emphasis on changing the status quo and achieving results no matter the situation, the obstacle, or the constraint.
- You love to interact with others, develop solid relationships with stakeholders both in and out of the organization, and always maintain an air of optimism in the face of rapidly changing circumstances and adversity.
- You’re impeccably detail-oriented, are highly organized, and can both offer and accept help when the situation calls for it.
- Your analytical skills are above reproach – you relish the opportunity to dive into a situation, see it from multiple angles, and create a plan to solve the problems.
- You build relationships everywhere you go, understand how to move over, under, around, and through adversity, and are relentlessly focused on delivering top-tier outcomes.
- You have a strong executive presence, and are capable of facilitating discussions, ably wielding analytics, and dispassionately evaluating the landscape while passionately advocating for change.
- You’re invigorated by the thrill of the hunt, the need to find the next big account, and the opportunity to expand or deepen a customer relationship.
- You appreciate the insight that data can bring to the sales process and embrace the realities of a data-driven world. You’re excited by technology and dive in with new opportunities, abandoning the safety of ‘what we’ve always done.’
- You recognize that a plan is only as good as its execution, and you love to implement, not merely to strategize.
- You possess a strong and capable business acumen, capable of analyzing both operational concerns and financial reporting in an effort to establish and address root cause.
- Your clients are thrilled to work with you, value your insight, and can’t wait to bring their challenges to you to get your perspective.
NorthPoint Logistics is a values-based full-service international freight forwarder, customs broker, and domestic freight broker. Headquartered in Kansas City, our rapidly growing team offers logistics management services and systems which centralize provider networks, automate shipment planning and tracking, and provide world-class service and expertise to help our clients navigate the uncertain waters of supply chains around the world. With our sister companies within the NorthPoint family, we provide an end-to-end supply chain solution, and our understanding of foreign markets, international trade, domestic transportation, and supply chain optimization is built upon years of operation across the continent and the globe. Our values orientation, commitment to data-driven decision-making, and relentless drive to optimize and innovate truly differentiate us in the marketplace.
What Comes Next:
We believe fervently in the power of data-driven decision-making and are committed to understanding and appreciating the whole applicant, not simply what’s on a resume. During our interview process, we’ll ask you to take several assessments, and we hope you join us in appreciating the value of such a process. We’re excited to meet with you and look forward to learning more about you and what you can add to our culture, values, and team.