Essential Duties, Responsibilities, & Expectations:
1. Oversee the activities of the accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, monthly financial statements, annual audits and annual budgets.
2. Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
3. Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist senior executives in performing their responsibilities.
4. Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
5. Participate in the development of the corporation’s plans and programs as a strategic partner.
6. Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting department budgets.
7. Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization.
8. Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
9. Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
10. Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company's value.
11. Evaluate the finance division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as provide individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals.
Individual needs to be able to work in an office environment.
Less than 10% on an annual basis.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Education & Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Management required and 5+ years of progressively responsible experience. Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant designations.
Familiar with Quick Books
Knowledge of multiple PC software packages such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat
Detail-oriented with exceptional office skills
Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
Must have the ability to prioritize and multi-task