Investigates, designs, develops, supports, and implements kaizen ideas for Production lines and educates management and associates on T.I.E. concepts and techniques in order to improve productivity, work standardization, kanban scheduling, and inventory reduction.
1. Acts as T.I.E. coordinator for model line activities in order to improve productivity.
2. Develops and implements T.I.E. training programs for both associates and management for the purposes of introducing them to T.I.E. principles and basic techniques.
3. Develops, implements, and maintains kanban scheduling system in order to reduce finished product safety stock, which will thereby reduce waste.
4. Writes visual standardized work charts for line and off-line work stations in order to reach productivity targets through job standardization.
5. Performs time analysis of hand work stations and machine cycle times in order to identify areas for improvement, benchmark current conditions, and design and develop work standards.
6. Develops, implements, and maintains production line projects, such as material handling evaluation, roller conveyor designs, packaging systems, etc.
7. Designs, develops, and implements work station layouts in order to have more efficient and ergonomically correct work stations.
8. Designs and develops in-line safety stock systems in order to keep lines producing effectively when experiencing downtime.
9. Assists in the design, development, and implementation of new productivity control systems so that each line's productivity can be better tracked and improvements can be better shown.
10. Maintains an appropriate level of conventionality and conformance in regard to the corporate culture as expressed in the Associate Handbook. Relates well with others, including as appropriate, peers, supervisor, subordinates, customers and suppliers. Maintains good attendance and assumes appropriate role(s) when working in a team environment. Responds appropriately to unexpected and/or continuing situations which develop in the work environment.
Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering . 0-2 Industrial Engineering experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Knowledge of T.I.E. policies, procedures, and terms.
2. Excellent written and verbal communication and good presentation skills.
3. Ability to coordinate and monitor a high level of activity as demonstrated under a variety of conditions and constraints.
4. Ability to comprehend complex instructions and respond effectively and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
5. Knowledge of appropriate office software applications.
6. Ability to coordinate eyes, hands, and fingers rapidly and accurately and handle precise movements.
7. Ability to coordinate the eyes, hands, and feet with each other in response to visual stimuli.
8. Excellent organization and time management skills.