Founded in 2010, our client focuses on transit-oriented housing. With their headquarters in Newark, NJ, they are uniquely positioned to respond quickly and effectively to any and all requests. Their driven and passionate management team is committed to providing residents with a place where they want to call home. Our client’s goal is to treat every resident like family; their value is the ability to find innovative and hands-on solutions to create worry-free environments.
The Leasing Assistant is responsible to assist as directed with all functions related to the leasing of apartments, collections and general customer service support for residents. On a daily basis, you will be responsible for greeting prospects on phone or in person, greeting current residents, answering phones, making calls and communicating with residents regarding collections, scheduling showings, processing paperwork, processing leases, and organizing prospective tenant files and other tasks required to keep the office running smoothly. It will take someone who is very organized; possess good interpersonal skills, able to multi-task well, all within specific time constraints.
- Answer phones and greet visitors who visit the office
- Handle leasing inquires, and screen and schedule apartment showings with approved applicants
- Process current resident maintenance requests and work orders
- Assist with on-site data collection and processing of resident information and applications
- Coordinate apartment inspections and turnover processing
- Assist office staff with other tasks, including collection of rents and social activities
- Assist with move-ins, move-outs and renewals including Section 8
- Attend resident functions
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 year college degree preferred
- 1-year minimum customer relations and/or sales experience
- Leasing and/or administrative experience preferred
- Applicant may be required to participate in and sign a release form to participate in a drug and alcohol screening process and/or criminal background check
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Leasing (Contract Law)
Customer Relationship Management