To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Minneapolis, MN 55435
- David McNealy
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Finish Line, Inc • Minneapolis, MN
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The FLM Store Manager is responsible for coordinating all aspects of daily shift management and driving store
profitability by meeting or exceeding sales targets for a Finish Line shop located inside of Macy's department
store. The core expectations include managing all resources within the store to provide customers with a
leading shopping experience while ensuring flawless execution of effective and efficient store operations, by
performing the following main responsibilities:
● Provide daily shift floor coverage and supervision for a Finish Line shop inside Macy's.
● Responsible for all aspects of daily management including a strong leadership presence that ensures
all customers receive a leading shopping experience.
● Maintains staff through diverse recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a
safe, secure, and legal work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
● Provides exceptional customer service by consistently greeting customers, understanding their needs,
recommending products, and sales execution.
● Insures cleanliness and maintenance and visual standards are consistent and provide a safe and clean
work environment per company standards and directives.
● Ensures accuracy of Company in-store promotions and merchandise markdowns.
● Maintains efficient and accurate backroom operations to include stockroom organization and
● Opens and/or closes the store, performing all tasks to Company standards.
● Creates a high performance culture in store by setting clear expectations and targets, analyzing team
performance, holding team members accountable and giving appropriate and prompt feedback,
including actively managing poor performance.
● Tracks store performance data (e.g. multiples, average dollar per transaction, accessories, etc) and
responds with solutions that drive sales success.
● Coaches, motivates and inspires team members to accomplish store goals and maximize their
● Demonstrates a high business acumen including, but not limited to, an in depth knowledge of the
store’s key performance indicators, inventory movement, and sales performance.
● Works with Area Manager to identify strong performers with potential for growth.
● Actively ensures key brands and product knowledge is transferred into sales skills in all relevant
● Minimizes loss by ensuring all loss prevention, cash handling, and banking procedures are followed
and adhered to.
● Upholds company policies, procedures, and standards regarding personal and store sales/performance
● Provides and supports a respectful, inclusive and diverse working environment that allows our
employees to be successful.
● Adhere and uphold all company policies and procedures.
● Additional duties and projects as required.
Required Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or 1 – 2 year related leadership experience,
preferably in a retail environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Computer and/or Technical Skills
Should have basic to intermediate knowledge and abilities with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Must be an effective communicator with internal and external individuals at all levels. This includes
spoken, written, electronic, and presentation skills. Communication should be consistently constructive
and professional. Must be a good team player.
Decision Making and Problem Solving Skills
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Uses specialized
knowledge to go beyond the routine to solve complex problems that frequently affect areas beyond own
functional area. Must be able to approach unfamiliar situations, projects, and opportunities with
confidence and curiosity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions. Must be at
least 18 years or older.
The minimum requirements include the following but reasonable accommodations may be made as related to
an employee’s religion, ethnicity, or disability:
● Requires an open availability, including availability during the hours necessary to open and close the store,
which includes mornings, days, and nights.
● Requires a minimum of 5 days of availability.
● Minimum standard of a 40 hour work week.
● Requires availability on weekends and holidays
● Punctuality and regular attendance consistent with the company’s policies are required for the position.
● Must have reliable transportation
● Must speak English clearly in order to converse with customers and effectively supervise staff.
● Must be able to read and write English and perform business-related mathematics in order to carry out
normal business and understand corporate sales reports.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
▪ Requires standing approximately 5 – 14 hours.
▪ During peak sale periods (e.g. Holiday, Back-to-School), will work for long periods throughout a 4 – 14
▪ Requires stooping and kneeling to place merchandise on customer’s feet as well as reaching and
pulling to obtain or stock merchandise on storage racks.
▪ May be required to climb a ladder or ascend/descend stairs in order to stock and/or acquire
merchandise for sale.
▪ Required to lift items weighing 5 – 25 lbs regularly. In certain circumstances, weights may be higher.
▪ Must have good vision, including color differentiation.
▪ The work environment for this position is a moderately noisy retail setting.
The company reserves the right to modify this job description with or without notice. Employees may be asked
to perform additional duties outside of normal job scope on a temporary basis per company policy.