The Order Management Specialist provides support by utilizing knowledge and understanding of supply chain management processes to provide customizable logistic solutions tailored to the individual customers’ needs.
Act as single-point-of-contact for all Cummins’ international distributors by managing the end-to-end order management and logistics process flow.
* Single-point-of-contact for portfolio of customers by managing end-to-end order management and logistics process flow.
* Plan and maintain daily interactions with functional areas such as Materials, distribution centers and global sales teams.
* Coordinates global communication across international customers and internal functions.
* Maintain accurate records of interactions with customers and functional areas using Cummins systems.
* Partners with domestic and international operations for continued process improvement opportunities.
* Participates in continuous improvement projects.
* Education: Bachelor’s degree or min. of 2 years relevant work experience.
* Experience: 0 – 2 years of relevant experience required.
* Logistics and supply chain knowledge: apply strong knowledge of international shipping terms, procedures, and trading laws to manage end-to-end process to fulfill customer requirements.
* Analytical Reasoning
* Team members must adapt quickly
* Communication (Written and Verbal):
* Attention to detail
* High degree of accuracy required.
* Strong ability to understand, communicate and effectively interact with people across cultures.
* Systems knowledge and technical skills:
* Minimum of intermediate skill level with computer related programs such as Microsoft Office and Internet.
* Ability to gain skills required to utilize Cummins’ systems (e.g. Siebel, Red Prairie).
* Order Management Representatives will need to access elevated screens that allow them to manage and monitor customers' orders, product availability, and total volume with the goal of optimizing shipments and revenue.
Order Management Systems
Supply Chain Management