Title: Leave of Absence Specialist
Duration: 12 months
Location: Reno, NV 89521
Hours: M-F, 8-5
The Leave of Absence Specialist is responsible for providing direct support to company employees, other Human Resources groups and company management as part of a centralized function to handle a variety of Leave of Absence (LOA) related transactions. Receives and responds to requests concerning LOA policies and programs. Appropriately routes requests from employees to others for additional information. May respond to inquiries via online resources and/or telephone. Processes various paper and electronic forms related to documenting leave of absence activities such as hired on leave, benefits while on LOA, termination of employment while on leave, etc. Inputs employee personal data into human resources information/computer system (HRIS) database and/or documents activities as requested. Supports compliance with all applicable local, state and federal regulations, to ensure accuracy of reporting to benefit vendors
• Data entry of employee Leaves of Absence based on requests submitted electronically from clients or internal colleagues for all TriNet products and verticals.
• Research and correct leave of absence issues such as date changes, COBRA eligibility, state or federal regulations, or disability claim issues.
• Correspond with client, client employee and internal colleagues as directed or required to resolve Leave of Absence related inquiries or issues.
• Maintain general benefit event processing; monitor and correct errors accordingly.
• Ensure employee coverage changes are updated with benefit vendors in a timely manner.
• Ensure compliance with and provide documentation regarding state specific benefit coverage regulations based on report output.
• Answer questions regarding employee benefits, TriNet plans and government regulations and processes.
• Provide Tier II phone support, as needed.
• Deliver superior written and verbal customer service.
• Work cross-functionally with other TriNet colleagues to deliver exceptional customer service and build cohesive interdepartmental relationships.
• Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the manager’s discretion.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree desired; or equivalent education and/or related work experience.
• Minimum 1-year experience with PeopleSoft HRMS or other HRM systems.
• Previous Leave of Absence related experience a plus.
• Proven experience in customer service/service center environment.
• Previous experience in benefits administration a plus.
• Proven critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Previous experience in administering COBRA or leave plans a plus.
• Experience working in a HR Outsourcing/PEO environment a plus.
• Previous experience in health and welfare benefits training and/or process documentation a plus.
• Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems a plus.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Detail oriented and highly organized
• Ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization
• Strong knowledge and understanding of both state and federal employment laws
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to create and comprehend reports and spreadsheets
• A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
• Ability to adapt to a fast paced continually changing business and work environment while managing multiple priorities
• Effective time management skills
• Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
WORK ENVIRONMENT/OTHER INFORMATION (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, etc.)
• Ability to work additional hours as needed to support business needs.
• Ability to alter standard shift by 1-2 hours to support business needs.
• Work in clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conduct benefits enrollment for new employees
- Complete the benefits enrollment process
- Maintaining the benefits enrollment system
- Respond to employee benefits inquiries
- Distribute benefits compensation to employees
- Manage the open benefit enrollment process
- Assist with the annual benefits open enrollment
- Demonstrate expertise in benefits administration and benefits compliance
- Assist employees with benefits questions
- Educate employees regarding benefits information to include; benefits orientation and annual open enrollment
- Identify all benefits related employee changes
- Facilitate annual open enrollment for all benefits programs
- Assist with employee benefits communications
- Coordinate associate benefit enrollment procedures
- Conduct new hire orientation and benefits enrollment
- Respond to employee questions and requests regarding benefits and benefit enrollment opportunities
- Verify and complete benefits enrollment forms
- Maintain employee benefit files and updates all employee benefit records
- Organize and conduct annual benefit open enrollment and monthly new hire benefit orientation enrollment processes
- Enroll new employees in benefit plans and provide benefits orientation
- Benefits Administration
- Time Management
- Complex Problem Solving
- Stress Management