To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- New York, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Creative Financial Staffing • New York, NY
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
ABOUT THE COMPANY
My client is a non-profit organization located in the Upper East Side of NYC and they are currently seeking a motivated Senior Accountant to join their team. The company offers a casual work space, flexible schedule, and approachable leadership.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SENIOR ACCOUNTANT:
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts.
- Handle month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing activities.
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital.
- Prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position.
- Audit contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepare reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to monthly close process.
- Establish, modify, document, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED FOR THE SENIOR ACCOUNTANT ROLE:
- BS in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent business experience
- Minimum of 3 years related experience
- Solid understanding of accounting processes and procedures
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, with intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work efficiently independently as well as part of a team
- Proficiency with MIP or Financial Edge accounting software systems, a plus
Keywords: accounting, accountant, senior accountant, operations, finance, financial analysis