Stabilus is a global leader in the production of gas springs and dampers on five continents. Since 1934, Stabilus has offered components for diverse applications. We started out as a manufacturer of retrofittable stabilizers for the American automotive industry in 1962 and were the first company in the world to produce gas springs as standard equipment. Since then, we have continued to establish our pioneering role: With a wide range of applications, our unique product range and decades of experience, we are the world's leading manufacturer of solutions based on gas springs, dampers and electromechanical drives.
This position will be located in Gastonia, NC. Responsible for performing human resources related duties on a professional level working closely with all levels of personnel. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: payroll, training, employee relations, recruiting, onboarding, benefits administration, and employment law compliance.
Essential Job Functions:
· Processes payroll for both hourly and salary employees working in multiple locations around the U.S.
· Enables training and continuous development activities for our employees.
· Administers all leave of absence programs including FMLA, short-term and long-term disability, and worker’s compensation.
· Manages the contingent workforce program by partnering with the on-site agency representative.
· Conducts onboarding of new hires.
· Maintains human resource information systems (SAP) records and complies reports from the database.
· Maintains all necessary employment records and files including personnel, I9, medical, leave of absence, recruiting, and training for compliance with company and external agency guidelines.
· Plans and organizes employee engagement activities and communications.
· Assists in benefits administration including employee education, claims resolution, change reporting, and communicating benefits information to employees.
· Assists in the external recruiting process for non-exempt personnel, as needed, including screening, interviewing, coordinating pre-employment screenings, and participating in recruitment activities. (i.e. job fairs)
· Assists with Expatriate and Repatriate assignments, visas, and contracts.
· Assists in the development and implementation of Human Resource policies and procedures and their dissemination through employee handbooks, communications, and/or meetings.
· Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
· Participates in departmental safety programs to include adhering to all EH&S policies and procedures, reporting and/or addressing potentially unsafe conditions, and participation in accident root cause & corrective action as needed.
· Manages the annual in the Workers Compensation audit
· Participates in process improvement activities/department projects on an as needed basis.
· Performs other duties as needed or assigned.
Education, Training, Certifications and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Organization Development, or equivalent preferred.
· Payroll certification preferred.
· Minimum of five years applicable experience required. Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Job Knowledge and Skills:
· Working knowledge of applicable computer software including Windows, Outlook, and MS Office required.
· Ceridian Payroll and SAP experience required. Experience with ADP is a plus.
· Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment including managing competing demands and dealing with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
· Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization including mid to high levels within the global Stabilus organization, third party vendors, and government agencies.
· Some travel (up to 15%) is required.
Family And Medical Leave Act Of 1993