About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it’s what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your pa ssion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you’ll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
BAE Systems is seeking a Systems Engineer for Combat Mission Systems Support (CMSS) Services. The successful candidate will lead the identification of requirements in support of system upgrades. Leads assigned system engineering tasks following the documented SEMP, development, integration and test, configuration management, security and quality processes. Serves as a technical task lead. Adheres with documented development, maintenance, configuration management, security and quality processes. This position provides sustainment support to the Space Test and Training Range (STTR), assigned to the 25th Space Range Squadron. The STTR provides capabilities and infrastructure critical for developmental and operational test, training, exercises and tactics development for the warfighter community. STTR is comprised of test assets, special test equipment, capabilities and systems required to test, validate, and verify performance of integrated space control systems.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science or related field plus 4 year relevant experience (2+ years with a Masters).
- Four years' experience in Systems Engineering for Space or Missile Systems, Advanced Systems Development, Ground Systems or Space Operations.
- This position requires an active final clearance upon hire date. The applicant must also be able to maintain their security clearance for the position.
- Coursework and/or experience (1 - 2 years) in systems engineering
- Familiarity with model-based system engineering tools (Rhapsody or MagicDraw) and methodology
- Experience with requirements development and analysis
- Experience with Use Case development
- Experience in Satellite Communications (SATCOM)
- Knowledge on DoD Risk Management Framework
- Knowledge on developing engineering project cost estimates
- Experience in developing and updating engineering documentation such as engineering drawings, specifications, and Interface Control Documents (ICDs)
- Experience in agile development environments
- Knowledge of a Requirements Management System such as DOORS
- Knowledge of these tools; MS Project, Clearquest/Jira, PDM
- Strong background in Microsoft Office Product Suites: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Good understanding of discipline process; information and data management
- Contributes to the completion of programs and projects; ability to obtain results and make recommendations
- Ability to provide high level summary of results and draw conclusions based on interpretation of data
Top Secret (Ts Clearance)