To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Reno, NV
- Chris Goss
- Phone: 775-391-3896
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Chief Financial Officer - CFO
PrideStaff Financial • Reno, NV
Posted 2 months ago
PrideStaff Financial is seeking a CFO to provide both operational and programmatic support to our client, a large non-profit organization based in Reno, NV. The CFO supervises the finance department and is the chief financial spokesperson for the organization. The CFO reports directly to the CEO and directly assists the Executive Team and other key staff on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs and the securing of new funding.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure adequate controls are in-place and that substantiating documentation is approved and available such that all purchases may pass independent and governmental audits.
- Work with the CEO to develop the operating budget.
- Work with the CEO and program directors to ensure programmatic success through cost analysis support, and compliance with all contractual and programmatic requirements. This includes:
- Interpreting legislative and programmatic rules and regulations to ensure compliance with all federal, state, local and contractual guidelines
- Ensuring that all government regulations and requirements are disseminated to appropriate personnel
- Monitoring compliance.
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the organization including: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, reports to funding agencies, development and monitoring of organizational and contract/grant budgets.
- Oversee all purchasing and, working with the Human Resources Officer, payroll.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization and oversee federal awards and programs. Oversee the coordination and activities of independent audit and the preparation of the annual financial statements is in accordance with U.S. GAAP and federal, state and other required supplementary schedules and information.
- Attend Board and Subcommittee meetings; including being the lead staff on the Finance Committee.
- Monitor banking activities of the organization.
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization's needs.
- Directly oversee collection activities related to accounts receivable
- Serve as one of the trustees and oversee administration and financial reporting of the organization's 403B plan.
- Investigate cost-effective benefit plans and other fringe benefits which the organization may offer employees and potential employees with the goal of attracting and retaining qualified individuals.
- Create weekly and monthly reports including reconciliations with funders as well as financial statements and cash flow projections for use by Executive management, as well as the Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
- Assist in the design, implementation, and timely calculations of salaries for the staff.
- Oversee business insurance plans and health care coverage analysis.
- Oversee the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets, including assets purchased with government funds (computers, etc.) assuring all are in accordance with federal regulations.
- Train the Finance Department and other staff on raising awareness and knowledge of financial management matters
- Bachelor's degree required, CPA preferred
- Experience as Controller or CFO in an organization of 50+ staff
- Knowledge of Financial Edge or Raiser's Edge software is preferred
- Ability to:
- Foster and cultivate business opportunities and partnerships.
- Create and assess financial statements and budget documents.
- Recognize and be responsive to the needs of all clients of the organization, including funding organizations, the Board of Directors, local community advocates, participants, and employers.
- Supervise staff, including regular progress reviews and plans for improvement.
- Communicate effectively in both written and verbal form
Contact Chris Goss at (775) 391-3896 or firstname.lastname@example.org