HIRING Class A CDL Drivers At TOP OF SCALE!
Local Drivers | $29.41 per hour &
Transportation Drivers | $.718 per mile
We're hosting Virtual Open Interviews for qualified, full-time Class A CDL Drivers!
When : Mondays - Fridays | 7 AM - 10 AM & 12 PM - 2 PM [EST]
Where : Virtually, via ZOOM
How : Follow this link to complete the Pre-Application: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Class A CDL Transportation Driver | $.718/mile
*Once you have completed registration (pre-application), a Dayton Freight Recruiter will contact you (via phone or email) to provide the Zoom Meeting details.
**Please note that filling out the registration form is to schedule an interview and therefore not equivalent to completing an online application. The Hiring Manager may request you to complete an online application, which can be found by clicking the button on this page to "Apply".
The Apply button may be at the top, bottom, or right-hand side of your screen, depending on the device you are using.
You belong at Dayton Freight! Join our team of Class A Transportation Drivers and be a part of The Dayton Difference .
Dayton Freight is a recognized leader in regional LTL transportation services and we are truly different from other carriers. It’s apparent in how we treat our customers, and each other. Our culture is one of teamwork, respect and professional honesty. Dayton Freight appreciates its employees: you are not just a number, you are family. We attribute our growth to the dedication of our employees, and the loyalty of our customers and business partners.
Transportation Drivers are responsible for transporting, loading and unloading freight in a productive, safe and claims- free manner between our Service Centers .
Additional job duties include:
- Perform pre and post trip inspections on tractor/trailer
- Properly document all freight control processes
- Read and understand maps, road signs, shipping papers, hazardous materials markings and labeling identification
- Affix correct placards to tractor/trailer when necessary
- Maintain cleanliness of company vehicle
- Interact and converse with internal customers
- Participate in Dayton Freight’s training and improvement programs
- Be available for irregular work schedules, extended trips away from domiciled Service Center, alternating work shifts and/or assignments
- Adhere to the operational procedures and guidelines contained in the Dayton Freight Driver/Dockworker Manual.
- At least 23 years of age
- At least 1 year of commercial driving experience
- Valid Class A CDL with Hazardous Materials and Tank Endorsement
- Valid DOT Physical/Medical Card
- No DUI, Citation/Conviction for Reckless Operations in the past 3 years
- Less than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years
- Basic math skills
- Fluent in English
- Able to pass a drug screen
- Stable and growing organization
- Full-Time pay beginning at $.718/mile
- No doubles
- Work-life balance
- Quality Hours
- Professional, positive and people-centered work environment
- Modern facilities
- Clean, late model equipment
- Comprehensive benefits package: Health, Dental, Vision, AD&D, etc.
- Paid holidays (8); paid vacation and personal days
- 401(k) plan, Company match
- Packaging And Labeling