Adhere to appropriate nursing/ medical policy and procedures, as well as necessary nursing protocols to ensure the health and safety of the Individuals that reside and work in RHD PIER LTSR.
· Accepts and implements Doctor’s orders for Individuals
· Develops and improve upon daily assessment forms, nursing notes, etc as necessary and required to promote communication and quality services.
· Demonstrates professional judgement, uses problem solving techniques, time-management principles and delegates appropriately.
· Performs chart audits to ensure that staff documentation is accurately reflecting the medical/ behavioral health statuses of our Individuals.
· Helps to oversee the medical and psychiatric health needs of the Individuals that reside at the program by facilitating communication among members of their treatment team.
· Act as an advocate for the Consumers we serve.
· Provide support and training with regards to wound care, trach care, diabetic counseling and other medical conditions as necessary.
· Regular review of Individuals’ charts to include Medication Administration Records (MAR’s), lab result, medical consult forms, etc, to ensure compliance with program policies and procedures.
· Provide educational counseling and support for Individuals regarding their medical/ behavioral health.
· Provide trainings for staff in areas of medical conditions, treatments and prevention.
· Facilitate/ coordinate educational groups for Individuals on medical needs such as diabetes, obesity, hypertension, etc.
· Provide medical orientation training to new employees.
· Assess and evaluate new referrals for admission to the program.
· Ensure that medical supplies are ordered and available to support the medical needs of the program.
· Participate in staff meetings and other meetings as necessary.
· Other duties as required by the Nurse Manager and Program Director.