To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
342 Linden Creek Road
Canonsburg, PA 15317
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Mental Health Worker (Counselor I)
Southwood Psychiatric Hospital • Canonsburg, PA
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Mental Health Worker is responsible for assisting the Mental Health Professional in providing family based therapy, case management services and family support services to children/adolescents and their families. The Mental Health Worker's scope of responsibilities include assisting the Mental Health Professional in providing direct services: arranging and coordinating additional services for consumers and their families; coordinating the client care process including intake, assessment, treatment planning, treatment review, discharge planning and continuity of care processes; and providing crisis intervention services.
- Under the guidance of the Lead Therapist (Mental Health Professional), assists in providing family-based therapy to assigned consumers and families using primarily the "structural family therapy" model of systemic intervention through sessions with individuals, family subsystems, or involved collaterals.
- Under the guidance of the Lead Therapist, employs additional treatment interventions including psychoeducational therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, recreational therapy, parent skill training, assertiveness training, modeling, coping skills training, and crisis intervention.
- Under the guidance of the Lead Therapist, assists consumers and families build working relationships with key providers in the larger community, educational and social services systems. Works with other service providers to arrange and/or coordinate family support services required by assigned consumers and families.
- Under the guidance of the Lead Therapist, engages the consumer and his/her family in a process, which allows the consumer and his/her family members to identify specific goals for the family-based services in order to maintain the consumer in the home.
- Completes portions of the documentation of specific goals from intake to discharge and after-care planning for the consumer's medical record as assigned.
- Maintains a maximum caseload of eight assigned consumers and families on a 24- hour/ 7-days per week basis in addition to scheduled sessions to assist with crisis situations.
- Provides consumers and their families with options for day and evening hours for scheduling regular sessions and is available a minimum of two evenings per week for regularly scheduled sessions to assigned caseload.
- Expected to meet agreed upon billable hours.
- 60% of billable hours with partner
- 40% of billable hours individually.
- Shares on-call duties with other program staff of a regular rotation.
- Maintains individual productivity to required program productivity standards.
- Participates in family-based therapy training as mandated by the Office of Mental Health for a three-year period.
- Attends other training on family systems, growth and development, structural family therapy, local resources for families and treatment documentation.
- Maintains competence in identified universal, core, and critical competencies.
- Participates in own performance process.
- Possesses knowledge of age specific growth and development.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Required Education/Experience/Skills
1. A Bachelor's Degree in psychology, sociology, social work, and/or related Human Services degree.
2. One year of experience in a CASSP system program.
3. Valid Act 33/34 clearances required.
4. Valid PA driver's license required.
5. Maintains competence in identified universal, core and critical competencies.
6. Must be knowledgeable of the developmental stages and behaviors for age group of assigned clients
7. Must meet job competencies within 90 days of hire
We are a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer