Float staff will be required to travel from branch to branch as assigned by Area or District Manager.
Provide courteous and professional teller service to clients. Handles face-to-face banking transactions in a branch, including but not limited to processing deposits, withdrawals, payments and balancing. Demonstrates proficiency in performing basic, advanced and complex teller transactions such as foreign exchange, night deposits, ATM balancing and more in-depth system knowledge. Performs basic client service functions such as stop payments, research requests, Safe Box access, etc. Demonstrates competency in knowledge of risk management and loss prevention. Mentors other tellers on client service and transactional functions. Follows defined best practices for client interactions and service. Strong competency in identifying client needs and making appropriate referrals. Works under established procedures. Ensure compliance with internal controls, operational procedures and risk management policies. Responsible for ensuring that all business transactions and practices in the individual's span of control comply with all regulations and the Code of Conduct. Pursue on-going education of our Company products, services, and other lines of business.
- One year comparable teller experience at a comparable financial institution or extensive retail service and sales experience.
- Must have cash handling or payment transactions and client facing experience.
- Basic math and numeric sequencing aptitude.
- Willing and able to follow instructions and work under established guidelines.
- Two years experience as a teller at a comparable financial institution.
- Demonstrated ability to uncover referral opportunities.
- Solid knowledge of risk management and loss prevention.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.