Seeking a Payroll Specialist for a full time direct hire position with a busy Manufacturing Company. The position is all encompassing and requires in house check cutting experience. Must have a solid tax knowledge (quarterly taxes, full understanding of state and federal deductions), ability to maintain all payroll information (special pays, unemployment, disability 401 k's, etc), familiarity with union contracts (union pays), etc. Would assist with human resources responsibilities like onboarding, enrollments, wage acknowledgements, etc. The position is full time, and salary will be based on experience and skill set.
Duties and knowledge set must also include:
Preparing and submitting paper payroll checks for employees who do not have direct deposit.
- Collect banking information for direct deposit setup and initiate deposits on paydays.
- Familiarize yourself and keep current with the taxation of salaries, benefits and other factors.
- Process and monitor garnishment orders and other issues that impact payroll specifications.
- Maintain and document all payroll records.
- Conduct semi-annual audits of all payroll records.
- Reconcile general ledger with regard to payroll transactions.
- Detect and process issues related to uncollected payroll.
- Respond to employee inquiries regarding payroll issues or concerns.
- Assist with human resources as needed.
Full payroll experience required, in house check cutting, solid knowledge of tax (quarterly and annually). experience with special pays and union contracts, etc.