To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
165 Independence Court
Lancaster, PA 17601
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
ITW Food Equipment Group • Lancaster, PA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Illinois Tool Works (ITW) is a Fortune 200 company that produces diversified products in global markets. Some of its products include welding equipment, automotive components, construction materials and commercial food equipment. The Food Equipment Group, one of seven ITW decentralized business segments, is seeking a Mechanical Engineer for the Stero and Somat Companies in the Warewash Division. This position is in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
The Stero Company manufactures commercial dishwashers that are used to clean dishware in schools, hospitals, casinos, colleges, prisons and other high-volume cafeteria operations. The Somat Company manufactures waste reduction products that are used in schools, hospitals, casinos, colleges, cafetarias, cruise ships, government facilities and other high-volume operations that partner with Somat for cost-cutting environment sustaining solutions. Our products are branded Somat, Red Goat and Master.
As the Mechanical Engineer you will conceive, plan, design, develop and coordinate project components as an individual contributor or as a member of a cross-functional team; create and develop engineering project documentation; perform validation and implement product release plans; support sales, service and complete engineering analysis and designs using various engineering tools.
What you will do:
- Support product development initiatives and maintain products to achieve business unit goals and objectives.
- Develop prototypes and test plans.
- Create presentations and present organized data to customers.
- Troubleshoot, analyze and resolve customer complaints and issues on Stero and Somat equipment
- Use SolidWorks and DraftSight software to complete engineering and design tasks
- Produce product documentation that sufficiently identifies product dimensional and performance requirements.
- Support the Somat waste business by travelling to customer locations and performing pre- and post-installation consultation, equipment startup and commissioning, and providing operator training
- Conduct operator training sessions at customer locations upon successful system startup.
- Up to 30% travel to domestic manufacturing, supplier and customer facility locations
What we are looking for:
- Proven mechanical troubleshooting and repair experience
- Familiarity with industrial electrical circuits & control logic
- Product design and development experience working in manufacturing with emphasis in fabrication
- Detailed oriented with Solid Engineering experience with the ability to solve complex problems
- Product validation experience through testing or analytical methods
- Knowledge of Warewash machine fundamentals, preferred
- Installation basics including electrical, plumbing and dish room layout
- 3D design using SolidWorks or equivalent, preferred
- MS Office application proficiency
Education and experience:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- 3 to 5 years of mechanical experience preferred
- Effective oral and written communications as well as effective presentation skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer, where we value the strengths of diverse team members. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and an exciting work environment.
For individuals with disabilities who may require assistance with the application process, please send all inquiries to HR.WareWash@hobartcorp.com. Responses will only be given to reasonable accommodation requests.
ITW is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.