We have an immediate need for a Linux Engineer to work in our company. This is a direct hire, permanent role and an outstanding opportunity for either an established engineer or a Linux professional at the beginning of their career who is interested in an outstanding growth opportunity. This job is located in New York City. Relocation is available for candidates not local to the New York Metro area. Unfortunately, sponsorship is not available at this time.
Successful candidates will have proven experience with Linux systems administration, processes and networking. We are particularly looking for candidates experienced in working in large, clustered environments, or candidates with large server farm experience. We provide outstanding benefits including extremely competitive salary, flexible vacation time, outstanding benefits and other pluses including company-provided lunches, and other benefits.
- Manage Linux servers in a very large server environment consisting of multiple clusters and hundreds of servers.
- Maintain Linux storage environment responsible for managing very large volumes of data.
- Deep Linux experience inducing scripting.
- Hands-on administration experience, ideally in high-performance LAN and WAN environments.
- Experience with Dev/Ops is a plus.
- Cloud experience is a plus.
- Experience with large server clusters or server farms is preferred.
- Networking or systems design experience preferred.
- Bachelors Degree required. Degree in a technical discipline preferred.
Server (Computer Science)
Wide Area Networks