Assistant Maintenance Job Description: Previous experience in apartments or other related fields.
Managing & or Assisting, directing and organizing the overall maintenance programs of the community. Community Director (or Assistant Community Manager in Community Director 's absence) Non -Non-Exempt
- High ability to read, write and comprehend the English language.
- Must be able to direct, motivate, train and develop subordinates.
- General knowledge of building codes and laws applicable to the community (i.e., refrigerant recovery, electrical, plumbing, swimming pools, etc.)
- Minimum of three years on-site experience.
- Must be able to complete assigned tasks with little to no supervision Must possess a valid driver's license.
Special Licenses or Certificates Required: HVAC & or EPA
- Maintains proper level of inventory and submits a requisition for additional supplies to the Community Director on an as needed basis.
- Adheres to and complies with OSHA safety standards.
- Implements and supervise s training program for the use of safety equipment.
- Assists Community Director with community budget and expenditures in all areas of maintenance.
- Works hands-on as required or directed by Community Director to ensure market-ready, occupied and preventative maintenance is performed on a timely basis and to ensure preventative maintenance schedules are followed.
- Obtains bids and interacts with contractors and is knowledgeable of competitive pricing of supplies.
- Complete required service requests within 24 hours.
- Makes appliance repairs, carpet repairs, HVAC repairs and electrical repairs.
- Performs carpentry work, welding, painting and plumbing duties as required.
- Adheres to company key procedures.
- Maintains a clean shop.
- Participates in an ongoing community improvement plan and preventative maintenance program.
- Assists with resident functions as required.
- Must be prompt, on time to work and have good, regular attendance.
- Maintains courteous and helpful demeanor with residents, prospective residents, co-workers, vendors, etc.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have mode of communication with which to be contacted at home and to respond in cases of emergency.
- Acts as a team member with all associates of the management staff.
- Complies with all policies as outlined in the Operations Manual.
- Must be willing to be assigned to other communities as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisors or corporate office.
- Some travel may be required.
Frequently lifts and carries up to 45 pounds.
Occasionally lifts and carries up to 80 pounds.
Pushes and/or pulls appliances using appliance dolly of to 200 pounds
Frequently bends/stoops, climbs stairs, kneels, balances, reaches above shoulder height, walks and twists.
Equipment & Material Used: (Associate will be required to provide own tools)
- A/C gauges and cleaning chemicals
- Welding torch
- Electric power tool
- General hand tools
Immediate positions available!
Ask For Monica Rodriguez (Senior Recruiter)
1. Previous experience in apartment industry or other related fields
2. Have Ability to handle physical workload
3. Deadline and detail-oriented
4. Must have own tools!
5. Able to create Work Orders
4. Leadership Skills