GODFREY (ALTON), IL
The Strategic Account Manager position calls for an individual with a unique skill set capable of managing client relationships and interdepartmental relationships alike. This is an inside sales function reporting through the Business Development department and is critical to the company’s growth strategy.
Candidates must have the ability and motivation to prospect new customers as well as maintain and grow relationships with existing customers in the Southwest States. An ability to grasp the industries we serve and ultimately provide excellent customer service, quality products and long-term solutions to our customers in those industries is crucial. We are looking for a critical thinker who can lean forward, anticipate customers’ needs, and help them solve their problems.
This position is a great fit for a disciplined team player who can take direction and manage his/her time according to priorities.
- Mechanical aptitude or engineering knowledge is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
The Strategic Account Manager is a position responsible for supporting both the revenue growth and financial health for our Business Development accounts. As well as, participating in the Business Development projects for the Southwest USA. Some of the essential functions include:
- Calculating cost-of-goods, material yields and labor costs to optimize profit margins for new and existing accounts.
- Prospecting new business opportunities.
- Maintaining the functions necessary to promote new programs, systems, products and services of the Business Development Team.
- Maintaining suitable inventory levels for servicing customer accounts.
In addition to a comprehensive compensation plan that includes base salary and commissions, the Strategic Account Manager will enjoy the following benefits as a Cope Plastics Inc. employee:
- Medical, dental, prescription, company provided short-term disability
- Company matching 401k plan
- Paid time-off, short and long term disability, life insurance, etc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
- Experience in plastics or industrial sales strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Customer Relationship Management