AIRGAS, an Air Liquide company, is HIRING – We want YOU to consider US
Currently Seeking Class A CDL Tanker Truck Drivers in Pittsburg, CA!!! Regional Routes!!!
A Super Opportunity Awaits You!
WHY WORK AT AIRGAS?
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products is seeking Bulk Tanker Drivers.
Known locally and nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Excellent Pay
- Medical and Prescription Drug, Dental, and Vision
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability and Life Insurance
What will I be doing?
• Promote and comply with Air Liquide Safety Policies and Operating Procedures
• Use required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
• Drive Commercial Motor Vehicle (tractor-trailer) combination, usually long distances, to transport and off-load compressed and
• liquefied industrial gases to customers or to storage sites in a safe, timely, accurate, and courteous manner
• Report all accidents, possible injuries, safety issues, driving citations and customer complaints to include service interruptions immediately to their supervisor
• Comply with all Facility and corporate policies and procedures
• Maintain awareness of all Federal, State and Local regulations and stays in compliance with these regulations at all times. Report suspected Regulatory violations or offenses to his/her appropriate manager
• Perform pre & post trip inspections to identify any maintenance action that may be required and acts appropriately if action is needed
• Operate all equipment per company and/or manufacturer guidelines to maximize equipment life cycle and minimize maintenance costs
• Complete and submit reports as required by the DOT and/or company policy
• Utilize On Board Computer per instructions and makes every effort to ensure accuracy of data
• Exercise care when using all safety accessories to include Remote Control Devices, On Board Computers and Audio/Visual Recording Devices, if so equipped
• Maintain professional appearance/good personal hygiene and wear full uniform
• Zero vehicle accidents and/or injuries
• Attend all safety training classes
• Attend monthly safety meetings
• Comply with all safety policies and DOT regulations
• Report to work as scheduled
• Exhibit courteousness to customers at all times
• Ensure all customer delivery tickets are accurate, signed, and provided to the customer
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• HS Diploma or GED, preferred
• One (1) or more year's prior experience as driver of tractor - trailer vehicles
• Must possess all applicable Haz-Mat (Hazardous Materials) endorsements
• Product knowledge of cryogenic, compressed and specialty gases, preferred
• Must possess a valid Class A commercial driver's license for state of domicile
• Successful completion and passing of DOT written regulations and road tests
• Computer skills or ability to improve competence
• Must pass DOT physical to include drug screen and complete Physical Ability Testing
• Ability to lift and exert up to 60 pounds of force for connecting hoses or turning valves
• Reasonable manual dexterity for pushing, turning, and/or pulling of controls and valves
• Work in various inside and outside environments being subjected to weather changes, noise, vibrations, and job hazards
• Walk, lift, push, pull, reach, stoop, stand, grasp, balance, climb, kneel and crouch frequently
• Sit for considerable periods of time
• Operate motor vehicles/trucks, machines, hand tools and all other job specific equipment and tools
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Personal Protective Equipment