STRATEGIC STAFFING SOLUTIONS HAS AN OPENING!
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) prides itself on being an international IT Staffing and Solutions company with 28 years’ of experience recruiting and managing exceptional IT and Business consultants for customers in the Financial, Energy, Public Sector and Retail Distribution industries. A privately held, financially strong, woman-owned company, S3 is a full service IT firm, with 24 major market locations in the U.S!
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) is currently looking for a Claims Processor for a contract opening with one of our Fortune 500 clients located in South Bend, IN!
This is a Contract Opportunity with our company that MUST be worked on a W2 ONLY, NO visa sponsorship or C2C eligibility for this position. The details are below.
Prepares and submits claims for optimal reimbursement on patient accounts. Analyzes outstanding accounts receivable and takes appropriate action to resolve issues preventing, delaying, or reducing appropriate payment. Responds to inquiries and requests from various sources related to patient accounts and account processing. Performs all duties according to department and hospital procedures.
The S3 Difference
The global mission of S3 is to build trusting relationships and deliver solutions that positively impact our customers, our consultants, and our communities. The four pillars of our company are to:
- Set the bar high for what a company should do
- Create jobs
- Offer people an opportunity to succeed and change their station in life
- Improve the communities where we live and work through volunteering and charitable giving
As an S3 employee, you’re eligible for a full benefits package that may include:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Vacation Package
- Life & Disability Insurance Plans
General Functions and Outcomes:
· Analyze and investigate complicated insurance claims to help prevent fraud.
· If necessary, provide well-informed court testimonies.
· Review and process new claims reports and court verdicts.
· Uphold relationships and communication with insurance departments and clients.
· Organize and present claim review plans.
· Negotiate settlements.
· Resolve claims in a timely manner.
· Stay up-to-date on local, state and federal law changes in the insurance field.