We are partnered with a fast growth, seed stage, well-funded Business to Consumer Services (B2C) startup to help them identify a Head of Growth / VP of Marketing to lead customer acquisition.
The key success criteria for this role is someone who can help our client build out a Hyperlocal marketing strategy and tactical rollout for various cities as they expand. If you've led customer acquisition for a multi-city expansion / multi-city launch for a consumer product/service, we'd love to talk to you
We are looking for a marketing leader that can operate as both a brand marketer – defining customer segments, owning the voice of the brand, conceptualizing campaigns, writing copy – and as a performance marketer working with an agency to dig deep into analytics, optimizing campaigns, and managing tightly to ROI. The ideal candidate has a quantifiable track record of beating aggressive sales goals and is excited about the idea of positioning a new service to consumers Reporting to the CEO, this is a leadership position and you will be working with agencies to grow the business while building out a team longer term.
- Lead hyper-local customer acquisition/marketing strategy across all channels and mediums. Example include developing localized content, working with affiliates, traditional media, events, management of referral programs.
- Own agency relationships and marketing budget, media mix (both digital as well as traditional TV / Radio), the performance of channels, and allocating spend to drive maximum ROI’s.
- Collaborating with an agency (At least initially) to manage performance and reporting and adjust plans quickly and based on data-driven decisions to meet sales targets.
- Improve and scale the customer referral incentive program.
- Refine understanding of core customer segments through consumer research and insights.
- Be the steward of the brand. Evolve brand guidelines as needed. Formalize the creative briefing process. Build tools to ensure consistent and cohesive creative. Work with freelancers and other resources to create compelling, insight-driven campaign creatives.
- Hyper-local consumer (B2C) marketing experience and any experience launching multi-unit brands/franchises is strongly preferred.
- Experience working for startup high growth brands that resonate with B2C / Hyperlocal / Multi-City theme.
- Excited about pivoting between strategy and diving in hands-on.
- Excellent creative, copywriting skills. A well written and formatted resume.
- Moves quickly and gets stuff done.
- Experience leading teams and digital marketing/branding agencies
- Knowledge of a broad range of digital marketing strategies including SEO, Paid Search (Social / SEM), Analytics, E-mail Marketing, Social Media, etc.
- Team player who actively takes on responsibilities beyond the existing job description and leads cross-functionally.
- Extremely analytical and quantitative in approach. Your resume has lots of quantified results in it. Always thinking about dashboards, KPIs, feedback loops, optimizing structure, and process. Able to do root-cause analysis and problem solve on data and analytics.
- Equity in a pre-series A company
- Be an early employee at well-funded startup with high profile, impressive investors
- Help shape the culture and vision of the company
- Located downtown Austin, TX
- Paid parking and paid health benefits
VP of Marketing, Marketing, Marketing Director
Business To Consumer