Alpha Corporation established in 1979, is a full-service woman-owned firm, providing civil, structural engineering, program and construction management, project controls, and technology services for various building types, transportation, and heavy infrastructure projects. We provide services to a broad spectrum of clients, including all levels of government agencies, public, and private enterprises/partnerships.
Alpha Corporation’s vision is to be recognized by clients for responsive, innovative and quality services in the building, transportation and infrastructure sectors, and to be the employer of choice for professionals seeking stimulating and rewarding careers.
We are currently hiring a Quality Control Manager / Inspector for our projects located in Fairfax, VA.
The QCM will be responsible for overseeing the administration and documentation of a design-build project, on the owner’s side and providing day-to-day office functions including;
- Inspecting all phases of work on projects and advises the Construction Contractor’s Superintendent or other representatives of necessary action to ensure conformance with the construction contract documents.
- Reviewing the performance of assistant inspectors daily advising of necessary corrective actions to ensure teamwork, partnering, and project success.
- Answering questions from assistant inspectors and the Construction Contractor concerning construction contract requirements and application.
- Reviewing and preparing daily reports for preparation of entries to the project diary, as-built plans, materials books, and workbooks.
- Performing the occasional duties of an assistant inspector when required by the volume of work.
- Being proficient in the use of routine survey equipment and check grades and verify stakeout/layout.
- Reading and interpreting construction plans and specifications.
- Performing detailed constructability review of any change orders.
- Reviewing Construction Contractor’s operations to ensure compliance with all construction contract documents.
- Independently coordinates and directs all phases of construction inspection of projects.
- Responsible for verifying lines, grades, dimensions, and elevations using survey and field engineering equipment.
- Coordinates and schedules various phases of construction with the Construction Contractor and County personnel.
- Reviewing and monitoring Construction Contractors’ plan of operation; and advises Construction Contractor of violations and recommends adjustments to operations.
- Recommending changes to construction plans to meet field conditions; checks equipment; maintains and reviews comprehensive project records including daily diaries, materials notebooks, as-built plans, pay quantity records, progress schedules, Requests for proposed change orders, and Field Orders.
- Responsible for the development of RFP’s, change orders, Field Orders and, investigations.
- Frequently contact with engineers and agency personnel to discuss and resolve field construction issues and to obtain technical guidance in specialty areas of engineering and inspections.
- Frequently external contact with Construction Contractor personnel to schedule and coordinate project inspections and resolve problems; with local government and law enforcement agencies to explain work under construction; with suppliers to monitor receipt of materials; with utility companies to coordinate relocation and installation; and with the public to provide information and resolve issues.
The qualifications for a QCM include:
- 10 years of experience in the quality assurance of building construction projects.
- Proficiency in the analysis of general building construction as well as complex mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems.
- Proficiency with computer equipment, software programs (including but not limited to working in a Microsoft Windows environment, Microsoft Office, and e-Builder, or other currently utilized project management software).
- Read and interpret plans and specifications.
- Communicate effectively with agencies, general public, and Construction Contractor personnel.
Alpha Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for continued professional, educational and personal growth. We strive to offer our employees the opportunity to work on diverse and exciting projects in a collaborative team environment. All positions include a competitive benefits package and the opportunity for a stable and rewarding career.
Alpha Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females, veterans, persons with disabilities and an Affirmative Action Employer.
Product Quality Assurance