Job Title: SDET Lead
Locations: Rockville, MD – Remote
Duration: 6 months to Long Term
· Working independently, the Lead Developer in Test owns the quality of software products delivered within the software development life cycle. The Lead Developer in Test will be directing a team of other Developers in Test. Responsibilities also include developing and executing software testing components, developing automation solutions and performing manual tests throughout the SDLC.
· Essential Job Functions:
· Develop complex automation code, scripts, utilities, simulators, data generators, API/Interface testing solutions and other programmatic test tools as required to execute tests.
· Ownership of automation architecture (Both Functional and Performance).
· Create complex test plans and test strategies.
· Lead a team of Developers in Test (5-6 resources).
· Champion the collaborative resolution of defects and direct internal process improvement initiatives
· Reviews of system architecture, code and design documents.
· Effectively communicate testing activities and findings in oral and written formats.
· Responsible for identifying project risks and develop mitigation strategies.
· Possess domain expertise in the project involved. Serve as technical subject matter expert.
· Ensure adherence with technology policies and compliance with all security controls.
· Continually look for ways to innovate and improve testing process to gain efficiencies.
· Ensure all work products meets /exceeds Client standards.
· Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or Engineering and seven (7) years of cumulative experience in software development and/or test automation; or equivalent training and/or work experience.
· Excellent understanding of testing process, test types and testing methodologies.
· Demonstrated understanding and experience with object oriented design.
· Experience with programming in Java (preferred)
· Demonstrated understanding and application of algorithms to test solutions.
· Strong SQL back-end experience and relational database design.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Extensive experience with the Unix/Linux environment.
· CI/CD work experience and AWS cloud experience is very helpful.
· Automation testing experience as well.
- Test Automation