Accounts Payable Coordinator
We are looking for a hard-working dedicated Accounts Payable Coordinator to join our team. We need a team player that can adjust well to the fast-paced environment, adjust easily to changes in procedures, loves a good challenging work environment, and most importantly is able to juggle several tasks at one time. The right individual will not be afraid to suggest ways to make improvements but recognize boundaries.
Please do not send your resume if you do not meet the following requirements. You will be tested on your Microsoft Excel and Accounting skills.
Accounts Payable Coordinator Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assisting the Controller to manage all accounting and bookkeeping responsibilities and personnel. This includes oversight of all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
· Manage all accounting reports including design, maintenance, and analysis of general ledger. Ensure timely report distribution including month-end journal entries and monthly reconciliations.
· Ensure accounts payable, bank reconciliations and debt payments are timely and accurate.
· Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
· Assists in the production of the annual budget and forecasts.
· Completes other projects as assigned by the controller.
· Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
Accounts Payable Coordinator Qualifications:
· Minimum of 3-5 years of accounting experience and a bachelor’s degree in accounting. Applicants with 5 to 10 years of full charge bookkeeping experience may be considered without a degree, depending on the type of work performed and size of companies they have worked for.
· Minimum of 2 – 3 year of ERP experience.
· Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in the United States.
· Ability to manage others and ensure a strong team environment.
· Strong rational, organization, and problem-solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting.
· Ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers; assuring and promoting a positive and supportive work environment.
· Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
· Familiar with working on a computer, databases and be proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word & Excel) and accounting databases.
· Personal qualities of integrity and credibility.
· Bilingual in Russian helpful, but not a requirement.
· Experience in the Transportation and Logistics Industry is a MAJOR BONUS!
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles