Are you ready for an exciting new, fast paced work opportunity?
Fremont Bank offers a very attractive employment package that includes:
- Up to $5000 Tuition Reimbursement for continued education
- 10 Paid Bank Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- An ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- 401K Plan with an employer match
READY TO LEARN MORE & APPLY?! Keep Reading!!!
Fremont Bank founded in 1964, is one of the oldest independently owned banks in the Bay Area and is one of the top rated mid-tier banks in the nation. Voted a Top Workplace for 2021 and for the past eleven consecutive years, Fremont Bank has an immediate opening for a Fraud Investigative Analyst in Hayward, CA.
The Fraud Investigative Analyst is responsible for conducting meticulous investigation of assigned alerts and the circumstances of suspected or confirmed fraud cases, handling them according to established procedures. Maintaining compliance with Regulation E through the investigation and completion of dispute cases. Cases would be accompanied by full documentation, and would be completed within the Regulatory time frames. Analyst also develops rules to assist with early fraud detection and prevention.
Role and Responsibilities
- Identify risks and prevent losses related to fraud activities/high-risk behaviors and suggest prevention solutions
- Review high risk transactions for potential fraudulent activity by reviewing and evaluating alerts generated by our fraud detections systems e.g. Verafin
- Contact clients via phone and/or email to validate transaction activity
- Contact branches or internal units via phone and/or email to validate transaction and/or account activity
- Conduct investigative/intelligence analysis of collected information derived from varying sources such as, bank records/KYC documentation, banker contact, external search engines and open source websites
- Draft assessment summaries and other written investigative/intelligence products to support decisions and recommendations
- At times, escalate cases for further investigation and potential recovery to Security
- Conduct time-sensitive investigations relating to POS debit and ATM card disputes in accordance with regulatory timeframes as well as community bank policies and procedures
- Work with card management vendor to ensure all recovery efforts are sustained for chargeback, merchant credit. In addition, identify any issues in the card management case platform that create an adverse experience and provide recommendations for improvements
- Collaborate with internal loss prevention and BSA teams by analyzing account behaviors and reporting suspicious accounts to prevent losses and detect fraud.
- Makes recommendations to improve department efficiencies for processes and procedures
- Create data reports and case assessments as needed/requested by management
- Complete other duties as assigned
- 3 years of risk management/fraud experience in financial industry or degree in business related discipline or equivalent. CFE accreditation a plus.
- 2-3 years prior relevant Reg E card and/or card fraud experience in a credit union or bank operations environment
- Maintain thorough and current knowledge of all federal, state, and local regulations as well as internal policies and procedures and bank’s products and services as they relate to fraud investigation and analyses
- Working knowledge of research methodology of fraud and financial crime activities specifically fraud detection, prevention, and authentication strategies and techniques
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with difficult situations and individuals internally and externally. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and across business units to resolve risk and fraud issues
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously and prioritize accordingly based on risk exposure, and regulatory timing guidelines (e.g. Reg E)
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet products e.g. MS Edge
- Strong organizational and communication skills, ability to work independently
- Willingness to be flexible
- Knowledge of Verafin, Fiserv banking software, MasterCard connect and Citrix DTS a plus
- Knowledge of the Check clearing and adjustment rules including Reg E.
- Knowledge of NACHA Rules and Regulations
- Knowledge of Wire related regulations and guidelines
- Knowledge of MasterCard rules and regulations
Job Location: Hayward, CA
- Attention To Detail
- Banking Services
- Banking Software
- Citrix Systems