Burnett is partnered with a Real Estate Firm focused on buying, renovating, and leasing across the country. They are passionate about what they do and are looking for a Staff Accountant to join their team! Our client is determined to work smarter, utilizing great tools and technology to create an excellent experience for their residents. Our client's goal is to provide our residents a great house, easy lease experience, and attentive service so they can create a home they love!
The Senior Staff Accountant supports the accounting department in areas focused around the processing, reconciliation and reporting of financial transactions, including interdepartmental and inter-company transaction reconciliation. This position will report to the Controller, Assistant Controller or Senior Accounting Supervisor per department structure.
Main Duties Include:
- General ledger and subsidiary ledger reconciliation.
- Prepare month end account reconciliation and journal entries to record financial activity.
- Review and approve and process financial transactions.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Reporting of financial activity related to department responsibilities.
- Assists in annual audit providing supporting documentation.
- Ad hoc reporting and process documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Hours for this role will be Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm. Salary starts at $70K. With this dynamic company you would also enjoy a collaborative team environment and the tools needed to be successful in your job, Medical, Dental, and Vision (Pick the plan that works best for you and the family), 401K with employer match, employee referral program and a casual dress code environment.
- BS in Accounting
- 4 years accounting experience
- A mix of Public and Private Experience preferred
- CPA preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Proficiency with Yardi preferred
- Experience in real estate, preferably rental property preferred
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills
Standard Accounting Practices